• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

laptop help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TweakOC

I need to find a nice laptop for my grandparents.
I told them I would get them a DELL what would be the best deal for them, Show me other types of laptops but I need something that will very stable. And they'll be able to check e-mail or do anything online.

Ok i got a Dell you can see it in my sig. its a good computer. very fast, very good for gaming to

ive had it since Sept , 2003 ive had to replace the power cord, motherboard, and ram

so far when i call them for help, i got to swear at them for them to talk.

one thing to is there a great deal, one thing to is do a google search for Dell coupons and you can find codes for $25 off $50+ and free upgrades

good luck on your venture

Being a freshman in college and seeing all the new laptops, I definately would say go for Toshiba. The Dell's are very hit or miss, if you get a good one you are lucky! My friend has a Dell model that was so poorly constructed that it overheats and just shuts off. He has to rest his laptop on top of some books! I have never heard of a Toshiba having that problems. Look at epinions.com and read up, but I would very strongly recommend a Toshiba. I have one and love it!

My only complaint about my toshiba is that it's a bit heavy. I got an 'el cheapo' though, so I had to make some sacrifices. If you can get one that weighs between 5 and 6 pounds it's preferable to those like mine, which weigh between 7-8 pounds. That seemed like a pretty small difference to me, but it kind of bugs me how heavy the thing is when I have to lug it around.

Any reason why your grandparents don't want a desktop? As I'm sure you know they're cheaper/more upgradable/easier to troubleshoot/less proprietary/higher performing

i have the dell inspiron 1100, and surpisingly with the 384 ddr ram it rus like a champ it's self..i've never had a problem with it, it's only froze on me like 2 times

I have been using my dell inspron 4000 for over 3 years and had only a few small problems and dell took care of it next day both times. The tech support can suck depending on who you get but they have been #1 for about 6 years now so how bad are the other guys!?!?

Back