• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is this clock good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dumbfish

i got the asylum 5200fx i took off the heat sink and fan. i grabbed a 500celeron heat sink and fan .drilled two diagnal holes in it.
mounted it diagnal.(didnt put new thermal paste on).the holes were crooked so i could only put the screws in so far so i wouldnt crack the card.

clock stock was 250/400.i got it running stable at 300/575.

(my first time doing a mod)

nope there was some grease from original i didnt wipe it off.
maybe i will take some pics tonight.i was scared it wasnt flush and it would burn up.i guess it was flush the heat sink i mean.

Well,flush or not simply awsome oc!
Actually u might be able to get more on the core if u got a lucky chip. Are u cooling the memory? Thats the impressive part!

nope im not cooling it.but i meant if the heat sink isnt flush (touching ) the vpu.you know she's gonna burn up.
i tried to raise it to 325 but i got the rainbow .what you call (artifacts) i guess.

i got only 6040 best 3d markse on this pc.

duron 1.3 200 fsb -mobo biostar fsb 400-256mb pc3200

i got my wifes pc doin 4129 her set up is:
athlon omg i gotta retest hers lol her bios setting are wrong.
says she has a 1.3 tbred with 200 fsb thats wrong.brb

Last edited:
lol i know what flush means, BtW not a bad score for the system.
I was getting 7.5k with my 5200@300/550

Not with my sig,but with an XP2400.

with the abit board though?
im thinking about only buying abits

k i got the camera i hope xp will take it with no software .i gotta go offline to get the pics

ok here it is i guess cam batteries are dead.

my wifes rig:
tbred xp 2200 1.79ghz 266 bus---128mb ram
64mb geforce 2 stock 250/400 oc --275/450
new 3dmarkse score 5081

only the gfx cards are oc'd cuz these boards are cheap crap

dumbfish said:
with the abit board though?
im thinking about only buying abits

k i got the camera i hope xp will take it with no software .i gotta go offline to get the pics

Actually it was with an MSI KT4v.
well, ill tell ya, The Abit i have is great but its a little quirky with chipset drivers and a strange attitude about using a usb mouse?!

Back