• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UT 2004 = win

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tom10167

Being the little nerd I am I went in to Electronic Boutique today knowing exactly what time they get their shipments. I was the first person to buy a copy. I didn't buy the special edition because I don't care about whatever else they had on discs, and it wasn't in stock. 2 cds would have been nice opposed to 6.

The game is AWESOME. I did a tiny bit of the 1-player stuff, but mostly just Onslaught. It' A LOT harder when you have no idea about the maps at all. Torlan is sooooo easy compared to the rest. And these new vehicles are amazing. I'm a little disappointed though, can't really put my fingure on quite what. Just seems like I was having more fun with the Demo. Maybe(hopefully?) because I haven't learned it yet.

The graphics are very nice. The demo I could run full image 6xAA and 8x AF but now it's normal settings 4xAA 6xAF. :) Still looks really good.

well im sure it works with an smp but wether it uses both processors i doubt it, and since it it relyus on shaders more than not i think cpu dosen thave much to do past a certian point

Lots of things changed from the demo to the full game, the vehicle engines being one of the most obvious. They also did something to the shock combo... dunno what, just seems harder to hit now.

I love this game, too! Possibly, my fave of all time. I happened to get lucky and preorder from Dell.com so I got my copy Monday morning adn I've been playing it like crazy ever since. I had it so early that there was only 1 server with any players in it and only 5 other people from the US playing online at the same time as me and 2 of them were Atari employees. The rest of the people were from Israel (where the server was located).

I give the game a 10.

I Preordered the SE version from best buy (had a gift card there) and it says they arent shipping it utnil the 18th, drat :(

what is the deal with the discount for those of us that own ut2k3? anyone know?

Back