• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Crysis 2 review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I never used speed in the first one except for traveling long distances with no enemies. Amongst the people I know in RL, no one used speed or power much. How did you use it to make it useful in combat? (Serious question, I always found that bullets hurt too much to not have armor or cloak on)

Like this. :)

Is there a way to change the rate of fire of the SCAR? Idk if its a bug or something i pressed but i'm firing single shot now lol :(

Is there a way to change the rate of fire of the SCAR? Idk if its a bug or something i pressed but i'm firing single shot now lol :(

Go to controls and there should be a "fire mode" key binding. This also switches to your grenade launcher, hologram etc.

I've started playing through it again on post-human warrior. I am suprised how many pathes there are that I did not see on the first time through. The game is actually quite a bit less linear then I thought.

Also... if you are like me and love using stealth mode then the pistol with a silencer is way OP.

I've started playing through it again on post-human warrior. I am suprised how many pathes there are that I did not see on the first time through. The game is actually quite a bit less linear then I thought.

Also... if you are like me and love using stealth mode then the pistol with a silencer is way OP.

Definitely, it does have its strictly linear sections but there are definitely many ways to engage the enemy.

Need to start my next playthrough :santa:

BTW anyone else disappointed about the absence of ICE!

Yes, I was very disappointed with the lack of ice or even for that matter, lack of explanation as to why there was no ice.

They even talk about nuking things towards the end to which my thought went "What! you already tried that (in Crysis 1) and it failed miserably, why on earth would you try it again?"

I couldn't get past my 3rd hour of play. The story didn't interest me at all. I frantically tried to press Space, ESC and Enter when the prof was telling me everything I had already pieced together. I could feel the 'consoley' sluggishness the entire time. Too easy. The game clearly wasn't made to be played with a mouse, where you have the accuracy to headshot every single enemy without effort. Linear level design with ridiculous invisible walls. The AI... Multiplayer... Just... Wow. /rant

DX11 was confirmed before the game came out.
What the hell were Crytek thinking???

The only way this patch will make a massive difference is if its about 11GB big....

And as an apology crytek should make a DX11 patch for Crysis 1 and warhead lol.

Glad that they 'officially' announced a DX11 patch. I haven't started playing it yet, I guess I will just wait until the patch release as I have done with DA:2.

Glad that they 'officially' announced a DX11 patch. I haven't started playing it yet, I guess I will just wait until the patch release as I have done with DA:2.

DA:2 has DX11 in it when it shipped and was playable on ATI cards without the issues nVidia was having with it.

DA:2 has DX11 in it when it shipped and was playable on ATI cards without the issues nVidia was having with it.

It kind of did, but you had to install a hidef DX11 patch though (at least I thought) to get it to look good.

I was really disappointed in the game... I liked Crysis and Crysis Warhead but it just felt watered down. The action scenes didn't feel natural, they felt forced almost and few and far between. What should of been action sequences were actually frustrating spamming of bullets in most cases. If you upgrade your suit to maximize the cloak the game is even easier.

To summarize it just felt like what it is... A console port.

Last edited:
I was really disappointed in the game... I liked Crysis and Crysis Warhead but it just felt watered down. The action scenes didn't feel natural, they felt forces almost and few and far between. What should of been action sequences were actually frustrating spamming of bullets in most cases. If you upgrade your suit to maximize the cloak the game is even easier.

To summarize it just felt like what it is... A console port.

I have to admit when I upgraded cloaking it went by really smoothly lol.

Back