• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lineage 2 beta open to FilePlanet subscribers...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Banyan

I know there has been a few people here talking about this game. I never got accepted into the closed beta, but today i found that Fileplanet subscribers are given access (first come/first serve) to the closed beta. and it seems the beta is going to be closed for nearly 2.5-3 weeks still (although i may be wrong). anyways, just thought i'd give ppl a heads up.

Closed beta is expected to run up until the Korean P2P release (end of this month), and then a month of open beta.

Bensa said:
Closed beta is expected to run up until the Korean P2P release (end of this month), and then a month of open beta.

maybe you could give me a bit of insight into the game? best way to get started etc? i would appreciate it... guess i should get off my azz and read their forums.

Ok, I guess I could write a guide of sorts.

Just give me some time, I'd rather do it in MsWord and with pics.

Okay, I wrote just one third of the planned guide.

A Short Guide to Lineage II (By Bensa)

• Overview
a. Races
b. Classes
c. The World of Aden

The Races
There are five different races in the world of Lineage, each with characteristics that give them an advantage in some fields.

Humans: Humans are the most basic race in the game, but this gives them a wider range of skills to learn. They have moderate dexterity and good strength.

Elves: Elves are not a strong race, but rely on their speed both in attack and flight. All elves can cast spells, except for black magic.

Dark Elves: Dark Elves are very much like normal elves, but can cast black magic.

Orcs: Orcs are the strongest race, but lack in speed and intelligence. They have high resistance to negative influences.

Dwarves: Dwarves are the only race in Aden who can craft items from basic materials, and therefore are sought after by clans. Dwarves are strong, but very slow.

Official Lineage2 Race Guide

Classes
At the point at which you create your character, you must choose to be a fighter or mystic. Both classes can be very powerful if you train and choose your skills correctly.

Fighter: You choose the path of the blade and bow. You are physically superior to mystics of your race, but cannot cast a large variety of spells. You make up for this with being able to confront your enemies head to head and being able to kill with ranged weapons.

Mystic: Mystics are physically weaker to their fighter counterparts, but can rely on their spells to heal themselves, or kill from afar. They are a valuable asset to groups looking to hunt.

The World of Aden
Aden (the setting of Lineage II), is divided into two main parts, Aden and Elmore. Aden is where the elves and humans live and where most of the playable areas are. Elmore is the land of orcs and dwarves, who need to teleport to be able to reach Aden. Aden also has an island, the starting place of the human race, which is named the Talking Island. The main cities of Aden are Gludin, Gludio and Giran.

Map of Aden

Last edited:
The game is REALLY good. It's a lot of fun and it'sreally exciting because there's open PKing. I'm not a PK, but I like teh fact that you can just attack someone without warning. Of course, there are penalties for doing that, but it just brings back nostalgia from UO, before they nerfed the game.

I've got a serious clan started over at my network: www.noahneiman.com/lineage2. post there if your intersted in the clan or just in the game :D

There are ways around the penalty that people are abusing but it isnt too bad. And they are doing a character whipe at the end of this month and closed beta is ending.

The thing that ticks me off about pk is that it brings griefers out of their closet. Eventually it becomes one huge gank fest, causing the griefers to create a grief fest. I bet this dosent happen with the asian players, they dont complain about stupid crap like that, more disiplined. Most of the griefers here are little kids anyway (I hope) or demented single fat guys who cant get laid.

At least there is a ton of good games comming out, after a long haul of crap games, im now addicted to a few of em now, just as I was about to stop playing games completely and sell my video card, go figure.

Hopefully I get my hands on beta soon to try this out.

I'll complete the guide soon, and I can help with any questions you have, or get screenshots for you specifics.

Oh yeah, its a great game ;).

Here is how the system works. You can attack anyone, but you turn purple (instead of white). If you stop attacking you turn back to white in a few seconds. If you keep attacking till you kill the person you turn red. If you are purple, people can attack you and kill you without going red. If you are red, anyone can attack you with no penalty (no going red). If you get turned red, you get karma and have to work it off by killing monsters, then you can go bakc to white.

What people are doing is having a noob go and attack someone to **** them off. When that person attacks the noob back, they have a high lvl character waiting. Once he turns purple, the high lvl character kicks his *** and kills him with no penalty. You don't have to worry about people straight out PKing you because they are all big ******* and don't want to be red (PKs get hunted down by large groups of people). But you do get the occasional moron who hits you a couple times and runs off.

i just got the email from NCSoft to participate in their closed beta and i had never even heard of the game but from what i see at the site right up my alley so im downloading right now

Just so you know, closed beta ends at the end of this month. With the end of closed beta, they are wiping all characters.

Back