• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Your thoughts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Remove

I kept one of the 3 A7N8X Deluxe boards I had. I just bought a AMD 2000+, stepping is AIXHB0331MPMW. I have no memory for it as of yet. I will be using a ThermalRight SK-7 and a Really good fan for cooling so heat will NOT be a problem.

Give me your suggestions on what ram to use for a really good OC. I'm not going to put $500 of ram in it. A good stick of 512 will be about all.

Along with that suggestion, what OC do you think I should try to achieve. Give me the numbers and voltages you think I should try.

I want this board to be a kind of public test board. I will try many different combinations and try to get some real world results to post here.

I like the Kingston stuff myself. If you can find some older stuff with BH5 that would be your best bet.

Are you willing to volt mod this MB silly?

Stock you will probally get around 200mhz.

With tons of mods and a little bit of luck you can probally get to around 230mhz.

These MBs aren't the greatest O/C NF2 MBs out there.

One other thing, what revision is it? That plays a pretty big role too.

Sure, let the modding begin! :D

It is a rev 1.04

I think I should start by flashing the bios and adding cooling to the north and southbridge chips. I'm gonna cut up some heatsinks this weekend and get them on. I'll be leaving for Germany next Thursday and will be gone for 2 weeks but I will continue when I get back.

i'd go with matched 256's rather than one 512. one stick will should get you a slightly higher fsb, but the dual channel performance will more than compensate.

I will do that. Looking at ram right now. Anyone know where to find a good deal on some BH5?

axhed said:
i'd go with matched 256's rather than one 512. one stick will should get you a slightly higher fsb, but the dual channel performance will more than compensate.

The benfits are minimal. As the FSB increases they get even worse. I think in most cases the bandwith lost with 1 stick can be made up in FSB speed.

Finding BH-5 new is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Kingston used it on their PC3000/3200 DIMMs but I don't think they are anymore. Its most likley CH-5 or BH-6. Check to see what people are selling, that way you know what you are getting.

I just found 2 xp2100+ cpus in the workshop that I forgot about from an old dually setup. I will use the AXDA2100DUT3C JIUHB chip in this setup. I remember this chip ROCKING before. Any bets on how high it will go? :D

Back