• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How's the NoteBook build?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NovaShine

Well, i went to one of my local com stores who offer to customize notebooks (they recieve notebooks with just the mobo and they fit other stuff on it).

Well here's the build:

Pentium M 1.4GHz
A-Open Mobo /w the i855GM Chipset
Intel Wireless Lan 802.11b (yup, it's a Centrino)
512MB of Kingston PC2100
ATi Mobility Radeon 9600 M10
Hitachi 60GB 5200rpm
8x DVD Rom
15" Screen (it says it's SXGA but i dunno what it means) 1400 x 1050 resolution

It includes a carry bag and Windows XP Home OEM.

This is gonna cost HK$10,400 or US$1,333.33

How does it sound?

Im going to be using it for word processing on the go, DVD viewing, maybe a few games and other general stuff. I have a 802.11b network at home so i guess i can use a Centrino.

I can swap out the CPU for any of the Pentium M CPUs cept the ULV ones (the salesman never heard of it...) and the hard disk can be swapped out and so can the Ram, just the basic laptop stuff.

Actually, almost everything is changable since they have alot of base models to choose from. Graphics cards range from ATi & Nvidia Models to Intel Extreme Graphics 2 to Trident cards. You can use P4 CPUs, or P4-M CPUs or P M CPUs but the chipset is always the i855. They have alot of Ram to choose from, but not as much as the desktop ram. It's either PC2100 or PC2700 and it's Samsung or Kingston or a huge range of no-name manufacturers.

Oh, and here's a pic of the one listed above, but looks can vary depending on the base model:

1555.jpg

It's the CF-C1557GLC1 base model

Oh, and here are some dimensions:

Width: 326 mm / 12.77 inch
Depth: 270 mm / 10.64 inch
Height: 30 mm / 1.18 inch
Weight: 6.0 lbs / 2.70 kg

Last edited:
Back