• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How high are your 8RDA's going w Mobile Athlons?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dragonprince

I have a 2400 Mobile due in on Friday. Im at 2.3Ghz with my current rig....wondering what I can expect on the 8RDA for a realistic OC on air.

Epox 8RDA3+ revision??
M-2400 Barton 0403

12.5x217=2.713GHz... 2.075vcore H/S=Thermalright SP-97 with 2x'Smartfan2 @fullspeed

PSU= Antec 550 TruePower
Mem=Corsair PC3200 Extreme LL (2-2-2-6) 2x256 DCmode
ATI Radeon 9600XT
160GB Maxtor HD w/8mbcache

cpu-z shows this:

Code Name Barton
Specification AMD K7 processor
Family / Model / Stepping 6 A 0
Extended Family / Model 7 A
Package Socket A
Technology 0.13 µ
Supported Instructions Sets MMX, Extended MMX, 3DNow!, Extended 3DNow!, SSE
CPU Clock Speed 2714.5 MHz
Clock multiplier x 12.5
Front Side Bus Frequency 217.2 MHz
Bus Speed 434.3 MHz
L1 Data Cache 64 KBytes, 2-way set associative, 64 Bytes line size
L1 Instruction Cache 64 KBytes, 2-way set associative, 64 Bytes line size
L2 Cache 512 KBytes, 16-way set associative, 64 Bytes line size
L2 Speed 2714.5 MHz (Full)
L2 Location On Chip
L2 Data Prefetch Logic yes
L2 Bus Width 64 bits

SisoftSandra score:

Benchmark Results
Integer aEMMX/aSSE : 24889it/s
Float aSSE : 26484it/s

Performance Test Status
Run ID : TBRED-3200-XP on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 at 11:30:05 PM
NUMA Support : No
SMP Test : No
Total Test Threads : 1
SMT Test : No
Dynamic MP/MT Load Balance : No
Processor Affinity : No
Rendered Image Size : 640x480

Processor
Model : AMD K7 processo
Speed : 2.71GHz
Model Number : 3807 (estimated)
Performance Rating : PR3935 (estimated)
Type : Mobile
L2 On-board Cache : 512kB ECC Synchronous Write-Back (16-way, 64 byte line size)

Chipset 1
Model : Nvidia Corp nForce2 AGP Controller
Front Side Bus Speed : 2x 217MHz (434MHz data rate)

here's a PerformanceTest v4.0 score

Don't know if the picture will show, however, PassMark rating for my rig was 404.9
MegaFLOPS 871.3

This epox is not capable of changing multi's passed 12.5... that's basically my limit. I've tried several wire tricks and still i can't get pass 12.5. no biggie... Higher FSB is what you really want.

Attachments

• ptestv4.jpg
    ptestv4.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 315
2.7 Ghz is mighty nice RedDawg41

If my board is locked at 12.5 also then I should be able to hit 2.6 Ghz since im stuck at 210 FSB at this point..

I thought the mobiles were all unlocked though...so is you board holding you back?

I think so... I've got two abits here as well, one in my signature, another at work... AN7... just getting lazy in swapping out the parts and re-testing... I believe I can get pass the 217FSB with the abit nf7-s and pass the 12.5 multi's... everyone else who's had the m-2400(25 or 26) on these board do a bit better on the fsb. I just need some time set aside to do so.

Well my mobile 2400 is here....a day early from NewEgg. I will wait until friday or saturday to put it in my rig..probably should take the opportunity to clean the whole machine anyway....let the OCin begin ;)

Booted right to 2.4Ghz @ 1.85v core. I have been running SETI and playing Halo for a while now and no issues at all. Took a screen shot for another thread, but I will, link it here just for the sake of conversation. Sorry about any pop-ups...its a free server. Scroll to the bottom of the page....

http://comptek.freeservers.com/index.html

After the thermal goo gets some set up time I will push for 2.5 / 2.6 It should be able since im running quite cool....

:cool:

Right now I'm running my 2500+ at 2500 Mhz. 13x193 at 1.775 Vcore. 12 hour Prime stable. 4 hour 3dMark 2k1 stable.

I have a revision 1.x board, so I can't really push 200 w/o the VDD mod, and my soldering skills are teh suck. Highest I can realistically do is pro'lly about 195. Anything higher and it'll crap out, no matter how much voltage I feed the processor.

This board and I have had a few . . . difficulties together. But overall, I really like it.

Well a bad turn of events...my power supply went last night and apparently took my 8RDA with it :mad: I tried using an older power supply to see if I could save the board...no good. The fans spin for about 3 seconds then the whole thing goes dead again. Not real happy about this mostly because I didnt want to put any more money into the rig until the 939 A64 boards came out. Ah well, cant be without so I ordered a 8RDA3+ and a PCPowerandcooling 400w supply. Now I just have to be patient and live with this 1998 K6-2 400 rig with its awesome 128m of ram and it 8m Graphics Blaster PCI video card. :rolleyes:

Had the same problem with my 8rda3+.
Fans spinned for 3 sec's and the board displayed FF. Tried 4 different PSU's, nothing helped.

Untill I took out the CMOS battery for the night. The next day i put it back in and tried a 5th PSU. The board was alive again!

Anyway, don't give up on the board because I think it might not be dead.

Greetz, Carlito

Back