• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems after Power Surge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sniperboy

I just had a power surge and now my Northbridge fan is acting funny by rattling a lot. The weird thing is, there's no other noticable damage! Is this just a coincidence or could the one single fan have been damaged?

you can try lil oil in the fan and see if that helps , or pick up a new fan they dont cost that much

and feel very lucky i had a power surge kill 4 CPUs before not a fun day , you are very lucky

You're very lucky that's all that happened. Just hope you don't have some underlying damage that isn't readily apparent. You using surge protection?

dkitt10 said:
4 cpus in one day???

yup in one day it started with a Athlon 850Mhz i was just thinking it was old so it was ok , i set my 2000 back up which had been boxed to sell it didnt do anything. i figured i messed something up id take it apart later. then my sisters computer died. so i pulled my gf's chip to see it it was the chiped that died and it booted to the bios and turned off and that chip was dead. so i tested the outlet and it was spiking bad. we use it because all the other outlets are hooked to the light switch.

Up to date , my gf's 2000 was replaced with a 2200 , sisters 1.3 duron got a upgrade to a 1330 athlon, the 850 was parted out and my 2000 was upgraded to whats in my sig

Back