• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S or NF II Ultra Infinity

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vacca

Registered
The subject says it all. I've read many of these posts and most people seem to think these are the two bests boards to buy when you're overclocking. (With the exception of a few who said the GA7NNXP was, but it's $150)

I can get either one. I'm just wondering which one you guys think is better? I've never used a DFI board or Abit, only gigabyte, so I'm totally going with you guys on this one.

Also, this is off topic, but where I recently bought a 2400+ and an slk900a. Where do you guys get those 92mm vantec fans at? Are those the best fans for this heatsync?

I really like my NF7-S, but you can't base your choice solely off of that. The DFI board is known to produce very high FSB clocks. Part of that is because it allows up to 3.2v on the memory while the NF7-S only allows 2.9v (though it does overvolt slightly). You might get maybe 220FSB from an NF7-S, and with the right memory, as high as 240FSB from the DFI.

On the other hand, the NF7-S is known to produce higher overall CPU clockspeeds, and I think it's arguable that the NF7-S is a more stable platform overall. This difference can be as high as (even more, I'm kinda speculating a bit) 200MHz. In my opinion, the NF7-S's better stability and maturity (meaning it's been around long enough to know its ins and outs, its quirks, everything) make it a better choice. I think you'll end up with higher overall performance on the NF7-S - maybe not better memory bandwidth, but better performance all around. When you get right down to it, 20mhz in memory bandwidth isn't as helpful in applications as 200mhz of CPU clock.

I also agree, but it depends heavily upon you RAM. If you have fast RAM buy DFI, if not then Abit is much better.

In many senses you should treat DFI like an Intel board.

i am for the dfi ultra infinity best one can handle high fsb 240+
u will be happy getting this mobo
lower multiplicator high fsb with some good memory pc 4000

Back