• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Transparent Proxies?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

baqai

My ISP is using transparent proxy (squid) is there any way to bypass it? if this is illegal practice than please let me know and close the topic .. at times it gets frustrating all of a sudden games, MSN etc stars acting funny or not work at all

There is no real way around it, afaik. Depending on their settings, it may only be proxying web traffic. If it is using a SOCKS proxy for everything else, it shouldn't slow it down very much, and shouldn't cause random disconnects.

If it is proxying everything, there's not much you can do.. no matter what you request, it will be proxied.

The only thing I can recommend is that you complain to your ISP about the problems. Particuarly the game and MSN performance.

Go here.

Look for the lines:
HTTP_VIA and HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR

That should list your proxy and your IP address, if a proxy exists... if not, then it won't be there.

Back