• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Counter strike FPS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JeffForSale!

Registered
alright my FPS in CS 1.5 is around the range of 40-60 while playing. but if i'm like looking at the ground i can get 100.;)

i was wondering how i could get to 100 fps just all around.

i turned off vsync and hasn't helped me.
dl-ed all the drivers and installed
have directx9
my refresh rate is at 100hertz.
Antialiasing settings and Anisotopic settings are both turned off
i'm using OpenGL.
resolution in cs is 800x600
resolution on my desktop is 1024x768

comp Specs: 1.1GHz AMD Duron
512mb SDRAM

vid card:
Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce FX5200

any help?

EDIT: its a 128mb vid card
and my one before it was onboard.

Last edited:
Nice double post, Alucard ;)

If you're getting generally around 40-60 FPS when playing, there's no way with that system you will get to 100FPS all the time.

i already did the fps_max 101 didn't really do nohting

and how come i won't get 100?

Halflife is a very cpu-intensive game, it relies more on the CPU than the videocard. Thats about all your duron will be able to push

Please remove those links from your sig, Jeff; links must be preapproved by forum admins before you can place them in your sig. Also, they are amazingly long, it doesn't look like you cut them up, so on my 1280x1024 screen, I have to scroll to see it all.

Two nonos at the same time, please rectify this mistake :)

Edit: Only took me a second to find: please refer to the sig rules.
Edit 2: Grahh, my eyes are attracted to your sig. I now see that there is a "threat" of cutting someone's finger off if they use those links that aren't supposed to be in your sig. This is a PG-13 forum, such things really aren't allowed.

Hmmm... a 1.1Ghz Duron... couldn't you find that for less than $30?! :eek:

Your video card should get more than 40-60 fps in cs... jees that game uses such an old graphics engine (game still pwns tho ;) )

I say if you want more fps, upgrade your processor. You would see a big performance increase. Until then, you could try the omega drivers and use them with the performance setting, but I doubt you'll see a big performance gain.

Are you running the game in 16 or 32 bit colors? If it's at 32, switch to 16. This might give you a pretty big increase in fps.

I doubt you can get a lot more fps with this processor though.

You'll always get higher FPS when looking at the ground (or when you're inside a small room, or pressed up against a wall somewhere). There's less details the engine has to draw. When I played on my ancient machine, I used to get 20-25 FPS inside and only 10-15 outside, max.

look man I can get 100 fps constant with both of my old cards in my old system cards are gf2ti 64ddr ati 7000le 32ddr with a 800 athlon with 768megs sdram. I dont understand why you are not getting more fps. Durons suck but still you should be getting better than that. check in options under video modes (i think) and make sure you are in opengl and not in software thats the only thing i can think that is stopping it. If thats not it buy a new mobo with ddr ram

How much are you looking to spend?

Last edited:
i'm in OpenGL

i guess my computer just sucks :(

if imma buy a new mobo and ddr rame i might as well make a new computer. and at this point in time i have no money. i'll just turn off netgraph so i won't be sad :p

The human eye cant even see at 40fps so it really dont make any difference if its at 40 or 100.

while that's mostly true Dubbin, my brain can sure tell you the difference. Most games involving frames/sec I need to keep them below 40.. anything above that I get motion sickness playing. And I definitely get motion sickness faster the higher the frames/sec. I can play UT2004 for hours running an average of 30-40fps. If I pull up Quake3 I can only play for about 4-5 minutes, even with max settings, because I'm getting MUCH higher framerate. Visually I can't tell but vomit bag I can tell.

The human eye cant even see at 40fps so it really dont make any difference if its at 40 or 100.

BS. I can easily tell the difference between 40 and 100 fps in just about any game.

Set your monitor's refresh rate to 75 or 100 Hz for a few days and then drop it down to 60 Hz. You will notice a difference.

you eye might not be able to tell

but in a first person shooting game your hand and mouse will be able to tell...

Back