• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recording a video

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Avg

i need a software that will record a game while I'm playing.

I tryed it but it only gets like half of the screen, i need it cause their is a bug in the game with a beta patch and to get it fixed I need to post the bug.

Avg said:
I tryed it but it only gets like half of the screen, i need it cause their is a bug in the game with a beta patch and to get it fixed I need to post the bug.

Lower your resolution to 640x480 while playing the game. The free version of fraps will only capture 640x480. So if you're playing @ higher resolutions than that, your screen will get cut off.

I would not use Fraps. It really does not work that well. What game are you trying to record? Many games can easily be converted to movies if you know how.

i don't think this one does it has more bugs then my garbage, it's called street legal redline: racing

I haven't actually done this method but I think it would be the best, unless the game supports in-game recording, then that would be the best method. Hook your TV out on your video card to a camcorder, and record the video. Then connect the camcorder to your firewire port and import the video.
If you have a P4c proc you could assign fraps to one of the virtual processors and the game to the other. Doubt that would help much though.

do you know how to use that or a place that will teach me?

Back