• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AN35: no V-DIMM power LED ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eppa

Hi everyone. I have been using an AN35N Ultra with an XP 2200+ for the past couple of months and, up until this morning, it has worked great. This morning when I turned it on, however, it wouldn't boot and I got a series of long beeps. The beeps were about a second each with a second of pause between each one. The reset & power buttons had no affect so I switched off the power supply. When I removed the cover I noticed that the v-dimm led was not on as it had been in the past.

It has shown no signs of faltering before this morning and I made no changes in the bios to timings or voltages or anything.

I tried clearing the CMOS and resecuring the power connections but to no avail. In fact, I can't even get it to power on...pressing the power button has no affect. I read in another post about clearing the CMOS and holding down the insert key while booting. Should I try this?

Any thoughts? Thanks for any help!

-eppa

Yes, full instructions are on the second page of the manual under the heading of "Notice"

Also check your PSU or try another one as if the board is receiving power then the V-Dimm power LED should light.

Regards, Balrog

Thanks Balrog. I'll try those things and let you know.

Is there any info to be gleaned from the pattern of beeps I heard? I know some boards use different beep patterns to help you troubleshoot.

Thanks again,
eppa

Welcome to the Forums! (by the way)

Some boards do have a beep code, not real sure on the AN35N. Other than single beep for post completed when you first boot and the constant beep which I believe indicates a problem with the memory or overheating if the red (D30) LED lights.

What is the PSU you're using and its specs that are printed on the side of it?

Regards, Balrog

Thanks.

I'll get back to you about my PSU. I do remember that it wasn't a very expensive one...and its 350W. I took it to a local shop and it tested fine though.

I got a reply from Shuttle cust. service and they told me to do the "unplug - clear cmos - hold insert key ... yada yada yada" thing and, if that didn't work, to fill out an RMA. I already tried that and it didn't do anything so I'll probably try the RMA route.

Thanks for your help.

-eppa

For future reference, Shuttle uses the standard AWARD beep codes AFAIK, as the beep codes are usually defined by the BIOS rather than the board...

There is a website that lists all the beep codes and their meanings, but I can't recall it right now...

Back