• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SGI monitor cable??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dRagOOn101

Hi guys

I just picked up an SGI 21" monitor and I'm looking for a cable that will fit my PC. I'm totally confused on what's going on. Do I need a fixed frequency video card? Do I need a sync converter? I know I need a 13w3 --> HD15 cable,.. but is there more?

Im quite confused as to what you are talking about, the monitor does not have a normal connector like most monitors?

BTW, sorry I cannot help, and I know this post is not helpful, but I hope that by bumping your thread to the top it will get some people who do know how to help you.

Good Luck!
-0cer
:cool:

nope

the connector is a 13w3 connector which is very different than your standard connector. There was another post here that talked about this and it provided some good info but it doesn't completely answer my question... i'm considering doing some soldering to modify the signal but i've never talked to anyone who did this.

Back