• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sata connector...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm not sure if you mean a converter that will allow an ATA device to work on an S-ATA channel, or a device to work an S-ATA device on an ATA channel.

If you want to run an ATA decice on an S-ATA cahnnel, I know A-bit makes a converter to do this and includes it with their NF7-S motherboards. You can probably buy these from online computer stores, or get them from any friends you have with an NF7. I know they will work on other motherboards, as I gave mine to my friend, who is currently using it on his Asus board.

I can't see any reson it wouldn't work, all the thing does is convert one type of signl to another. Since the motherboards use the same signal, it should be fine.

Like I said, I know they work with Asus mobo's for sure.

ty for the info they work fine.. but is there any real diference between ide and sata? would it help to run both my hd's and my dvd/cdw via sata?

Back