• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ghost 03 bootdisk?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BIB

i just bougth norton systemworks 03 pro and wanted to make a ghost boot disk. they only give the option of a Floppy boot disk and i dont have a floppy drive on this computer. I was wondering if there is a way around the floppy boot disk? Can you make a cdrom boot disk? Or can i get a floppy boot disk and then copy the files over to a cdrom?

Yea I'm curious too since I just bought the same thing... I'm just posting to keep myself updated on this thread. :cool:

just start up Norton Ghost then select "Ghost Utilities from the left side menu, then -> "Norton Ghost Boot Wizard" -> "CD/DVD Startup Disk With Ghost".

I havn't personally tried this since I have a floppy drive but I don't see why it wouldn't work...

that wont work.
that just lets you make a Floppy boot disk with generic cdrom/dvdrom drives for reading cd/dvd's that were not created with ghost.
so when i do that it still is asking for a floppy to make the boot disk.

i was searching online and found a way to make a bootable cd. Now i just need to try and see if it will work.

all you need to do it first get a copy of the boot disk on a floppy, then you can use nero and burn a data cd boot disk.

Just go out to your local computer shop and buy a floopy they arent that expensive or put one in your pc it will take a matter of about 30secs

he shouldnt have to use a floppy if he doesnt want to. I hate the darn things.

sounds like you found the same guide I did. really all you have to do is make a bootable cd with the ghost.exe on it. the exe file can be run from dos.

I think writing to a bootable cd is much better rather than booting from a bootdik, plus it will load quickly. You may record some other valuble utlities in the remaining cd space also for troubleshhoting purpose. Is you customize the bootdisk you may have option like boot with norton ghost or normal start or boot with cd-rom support ...etc. Of course it ya know edting the autoexec.bat then those are great things to be tried out. YOu may find you bootable cd-rom will value a lot more than you thought of it:D

Back