• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cheap mobo help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flashfx

Registered
I'm going to build a computer for my friend but he is severly short on cash so he doesn't want ne thing fancy he's gonna get like a 700 mhz duron and 128 mb ram but i need to find a cheap mobo that will work it doesn't need to perform the greatest or have great features but all i want is for it to be stable and not crash all the time. pc100/133 ddr ram or whatever it doesn't matter but the cheaper the better and as long as it is a reliable board
Thakns

I never recomend geting a cheap board, if they ever want to upgrade there pc that mobo will have to be the first thing to go! Get an epox 8kha there just over 100$ and i am in love with mine!

I think the ECS K7S5A was pretty much made for what you describe.

It can be found for just over $60 and rivals the speed of the fastest AMD motherboards available. It comes with DDR and SDRAM support; so if your friend has some SDRAM he can use that and then move up to DDR when he gets the funds.

The only perceivable drawback of this board is it isn't very overclock friendly. Of course, if you REALLY want to overclock it it can be done by picking up a golden socket device from plycon. However, that pretty much nullifies the value price of the board.

yes you on the right track.. :rolleyes:

get the MSI K7T- Turbo
get duron 600 or 700
if wanna play game get geforce 2 mx
original or 400 version.. (don't 200 or
100 version)

get good 250 power supply

see my rig...
can you beat it....:D

Back