• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What to buy???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mr.spock

Hi I want to cool a PIV 2.8E.

These r the posibbilities:

Cooler Master

Coolink

Globalwin

Thermaltake

Glacialtech

Spire

Zalman

Aerocool

Please help me!!! :(

Im not a PIV user BUT I enjoyed my time with the TT Silentboost. From what I've seen most if not all of these badboys make a decent cooler. I'd stick with Zalman, Aerocool, or Thermaltake.

P.S. Thermalright isn't a possibility??

Tatuya said:
Im not a PIV user BUT I enjoyed my time with the TT Silentboost. From what I've seen most if not all of these badboys make a decent cooler. I'd stick with Zalman, Aerocool, or Thermaltake.

P.S. Thermalright isn't a possibility??

totally disregard that statement, thermalright is the only solution for cooling, they are the undisputed leader of cpu cooling

the best thermalright hs for p4 is the sp-94, couple that with a fan (depending on your noise tolerance) if u can handle a lot of fan noise, the best fan is the torndao, the loudest fan ever made)

but ifu hate noise, then a l1a or m1a panaflo is better

Thermalright or the Zalman which is pretty silent and looks good too (at least for me).

totally disregard that statement, thermalright is the only solution for cooling, they are the undisputed leader of cpu cooling

I agree, but he said that those were his options, I believe in a thread awhile back mr. spock said he couldn't get the thermalright because it was so damn expensive in hungary. That is why I said that TT, zalman or aerocool were the way to go, since they all preform nearly the same. To put it briefly, thermalright is indeed the way to go BUT if you cant get one I would stick with my previous post.

tt has had a very inconsistent past in terms of making cooling products and basically anything for the computer enthusiast, i wouldnt recommend anything they make to anyone, they just arent good quality, zalamn and aerocool are alright, just tr is still much better

TT has some crap products and some good ones, most crap of course. Aerocool is the best alternative to thermalright I would say, but TT is more of a major brand and easier to get than thermalright overseas.

theralright is expensive, even here in the states. $50 + fan?? might as well just just buy the more expensive cpu. thats the point of overclocking right? more performance while saving money? well, spending more than 50 dollars isnt really saving money imho.... the difference between a 2.4c and a 2.8c is 20 dollars at newegg. a 2.4c with a 50 dollar heatsink would cost more than that....

skitlets said:
theralright is expensive, even here in the states. $50 + fan?? might as well just just buy the more expensive cpu. thats the point of overclocking right? more performance while saving money? well, spending more than 50 dollars isnt really saving money imho.... the difference between a 2.4c and a 2.8c is 20 dollars at newegg. a 2.4c with a 50 dollar heatsink would cost more than that....

yeah but even if you DO buy a more expensive cpu, it would still need better cooling, most ppl dont use the stock hsf anyways, so a better heatsink would still be needed

Originally posted by skitlets

The point of a HS such as thermalrights is taht you can pay 50 for a HS and then OC your 2.4 to 3.2 speeds or more based on your setup. In otherwords, the point of such HS' is to provide cooling for the OCer, not the general public user, because these things are designed with the intention that one OCs their CPU and would reach high temperatures on a stock setup (which can now be prevented and help higher performance for a lower cost than actually using a 2.8 in place of 2.4).

I hope that makes sense :p

THX for posting!!!

I thought about buying an Aerocool HT-101.
Im not sure but I think its a watercooling device.
That should provide adequate cooling!!!

This HT-101 thing costs 10000 HUF. (about 48$)
Thats an affordable price for me!!! :D

The HT-101 is not actually a water cooling device. It uses heatpipes to pump the heat into the radiator like dissipation area. Most reviews of it are pretty good. That price though, is about the same as a Thermalright SP-94 is here in the US. It's too bad you can't find one of those, but from what I've read the HT-101 should work well.

Back