• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Morpheus On Vega 56

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

voodoogsm

Hi !
I installed a Morpheus on my Vega 56 and the fans are connected directly on my motherboard (full speed) .
What adapter should I buy to connect to my 6 pins PWM connector on my graphics card ?
Thanks !

:welcome:

Why not get a mini adapter and connect the fans directly to the GPU instead of the motherboard, that way you can control them with any software like the originals?

Gelid PWM Adaptor Cable for VGA Cooler Fans https://amzn.eu/d/g5q9R7j

Why do you need a 6pin adapter, does your PSU not have a 6pin or 4+2pin?

:welcome:

Why not get a mini adapter and connect the fans directly to the GPU instead of the motherboard, that way you can control them with any software like the originals?
Hi !
That's what I want to do . I wrote in my message .

Why do you need a 6pin adapter, does your PSU not have a 6pin or 4+2pin?
My graphics card has a 6 pin PWM connector not 4 pin .
That's why I was looking for a 6 pin adaptor .

From what I read, some models have an extra 2 pin for LED (so 4pin+2pin), can you post a pic? Even if that's the case, the adapter I posted above (or similar in your location) should work fine, just need to figure out which pins are for fan, which are for LED.

ASUS-AREZ-Strix-Radeon-RX-Vega-64-pcb.jpg
Post magically merged:

The connector is the first on the left .

Just caught your post on Tom's hardware 😁

Gotta love when brands do stuff differently just because right? As far as I can see you go from right to left when connecting, 4pin normal and each extra wire to the left is an extra fan cable, not LED like I thought at first, and pray the colouring is the standard placement.

There's adapters and full replacements for the wire and fans on eBay, search for Strix 6pin to 4pin 👍🏻

I saw that on ebay but it's too expensive . I thought I could find something on ali .
Thanks for clarification .
I think I'll build one .
Thanks for your time !

I remember adding a Raijintek Morpheus on a 980Ti and adding 2x 120mm Ultra Kaze's on it. I had to rig up a fishing line to hold up the end due to too much sag.

That Morpheus was one helluva cooler.

I had the nano version, and it was great. I even ordered a full-cover block. Nice stuff but got old pretty fast. I mean, the performance, wattage, and heat weren't really good when compared to newer cards. It's probably the only reason I replaced it, as I needed something more efficient for the daily ITX PC.

I think that the Morpheus coolers are still being improved and released for new GPUs. There are 3 or 4 versions already. I wanted to get one for another card, but I replaced it before I decided on the cooler :p

Back