• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't start windows. !!HELP!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr.Squeaky

Ok, the other day i was playing UT 2004 and for no reason my pc froze and so without thinking alot of it i turned it off and went to bed. But the next day when i turned it on windows wouldnt load it just kept restarting or giving me a blue screen. This is really wierd cause i haven't changed any thing i my bios lately and so i have no idea whats causing it. I dont think its heat cause my bios is repoting low thirties as allways. and i cant see any other problem????

Any help appreciated and needed. Thanks

p.s didnt know what section to put this in but i think it could be my mobo

My system:
Asus A7V333 mb
2100xp palamino@ 12.5x144
256mb DDR333 ram
Herculeas radeon 9000pro
60GB 7,200RPM HD

get your os cd and boot from cd and try repair on the choices it gives you.it is more than likely your reg got corrupted.hopefully that will fix your problem.

This may have been better placed in the Microsoft OSes section, but you are new so we will spare the whip ;) (only kidding :D )

I would suggest trying to start the PC in safe mode. Hit F8 when the BIOS screen disappears and see if windows is stable in safe mode. If so then it may be simply a driver conflict.

or instead of safe mode you could try choosing last known good configuration or watever. has saved me a few times wen i had driver conflicts.

Thanks for all the advice i tried safe mode and last known good configuration but it still crashed, so i will try to repair it with the windows disk
Thanks for all the help

Back