• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How far can my CPU go?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

luismxc

Registered
I have an AMD Duron 750 in a K7T Pro2 Motherboard. Im going to get an GlobalWin FOP38 and some Artic Solver II!. Im also going to unlock my CPU, for the first time (i hope i dont mess it up!). By the way, i think the best way for unlocking the CPU with conductive paint, is using an CUTED needle (the tip of the needle is too thin).
Anyway, how much "speed" will it go? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Using my magic 8-ball I predict your results will fall between 1000-1100mhz. Most Durons (If that's what you have) fall between those 2 numbers.

Just a hunch, but it appears that you could probably do with a bit of research. There's a lot more to achieving successful results than closing the L1 bridges and changing a few jumpers.

This is not meant as a slam, but rather a bit af advise. Your computer is a very complex piece of electronic equipment and it would behove you to gather as much information as possible so that as you are faced with the little "challenges" as you go along, you'll have an idea as to what the problem is , why it's happening and how to remedy it. You may well be faced with issues dealing with the psu, cooling, case airflow, FSB, pci bus speeds etc.

For instance you'll have an idea that when your USB mouse starts giving you problems at an elevated FSB, you can change to a PS2 mouse and get a bit more out of the FSB.

A good place to begin that journey in your quest for knowlege can be found right here on the home page of this site under beginers guides;

http://www.overclockers.com/

Good Luck!

Back