• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win95 machine not booting anymore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Panzerknacker

Disabled
Hello, I have a Windows 96 machine, and after installing Alcohol 120% it didnt boot anymore. It gets to the Win95 logo loading screen, then reboots or freezes. I went into safe mode and uninstalled alcohol and deleted all it's folders/registry stuff. But it still doesnt boot anymore. Does win95 have osmething like msconfig where I can set what to boot and what not? Maybe it's something else.

I think you can hit the F8 key after the "Starting Windows 95..." and then choose to log the boot process; it should log I believe to a file C:\bootlog.txt or something like that. You might be able to find out where the hangup is there.

Also in Safe Mode, you might look for any devices in Device Manager related to Alcohol, last time I installed it I vaguely recall that it installed some sort of device which related to the CD-ROM.

Back