• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how good are these?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tomchong

i was browsing through ebay and i came accross a couple of power supplys, one 550 watt by okia and one by 450 by powertek any chance either of these dont suck? anyone have experiance with either of these brands?

If I have learned anything from the past I would say stick with brand name quality PSU. You don't want to go through the pain of figuring what's wrong with your system when it doesn't boot up, starts restarting randomly, or some components start frying...

I second what Tawcan said. I bought an FMI (Compusa brand) psu, and it fried out within two weeks. And I was not overclocking either. I would suggest and Antec.

darn, those were just so cheap! guess ill have to save up some more money

If I have learned anything from the past I would say stick with brand name quality PSU. You don't want to go through the pain of figuring what's wrong with your system when it doesn't boot up, starts restarting randomly, or some components start frying...

What he said.

I don't know anything about Okia, although I'm not impressed, but Powertek is junk. However Powertech is really good because it's one of the brands from Fortron-Source, but you have to be careful when buying Powertech because it's sometimes Powertek with the wrong spelling.

If you can see a close-up of the label, the numbers printed under the safety registrations, like UL ("RU", where the "R" is backwards -- www.ul.com) and CSA (www.csa.ca) can help you find the actual manufacturer.

Back