• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Unofficial" R420 benchmarks!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
JESUS MOTHER OF........GOD! :eek:

x800_3dmark.png

Heheh....now I see why Nvidia was cheating on its drivers :beer:. Here's one to ATi

Slober, drool, huuuuhh.... X800-Xt has kraggy written all over it!

Did you notice how the x800 pro beat the 6800U??

Sentential said:
Looks like someone has a shot @ 20k on 3d03....thats just f*in insane

Man....I love ATI :D

That looks niiice, what are the prices on the x800 and the XT??
I wanna see some real benches though. AND some in english.

---> Translator up this biatch
_________________-

Radeon X800 XT Preview

The whole world is astonished at the ability of the NV40. Many see that the R420 has no hope against the NV40.
After newest computer forecasts the R420 would have to be faster
however some than the NV40!
In everything this interests, at the end of the article stands, how I have "tested"!

The Radeon X800 XT

The Radeon X800 XT uses the R420 chip developed by ATi. This has 16 pipelines. With 600 MHz the chip and the memory are propelled. Can take you from more information out of the following table:

Benchmark

We come now to the benchmark!

x800_3dmark.png

Here the 6800 Ultra let the remaining competitors look old, but the Radeon X800 XT puts it in its place: 14040 is an insane value (sorry for this expression, that had to be simple). Also the Radeon X800 pro beats the NV40 with approximately 500
points.

x800_aqua.png

Also in the Aquamark 3 again the same picture: AP 6800 Ultra and the ATi X800 XT set the pace. The Radeon X800 pro can barely beats the NV40.

x800_far.png

There folded me the kinnladen down... with so many frames per second
now really nobody had now finally counted! With the Radeon X800 XT we can finally play Farcry on the highest resolutions without a hitch
with 8AA/16/AF play!

x800_call.png

This result speaks for the achievement of the X800 XT. Also the slower Radeon X800 pro knows that the NV40 is within striking distance

x800_halo.png

Also here again, the Radeon X800 XT states the whole test field with a large
projection/lead. Also the Radeon X800 pro pulls ahead NV40 past.

x800_x2.png

X2 is gesponsert and nevertheless of Nvidia knows itself the Radeon
X800 XT with a small projection/lead of 5 fps. before the NV40 set!
Their smaller brother, the Radeon X800 pro, can do however only approximately 10 fps. more compute than the Radeon 9800XT is appropriate and thereby on that
for 3. Place.

Result

One had not really expected such values now, probably not times Nvidia.
The Radeon X800 XT can convince on full line, there also the NV40 von Nvidia cannot change anything.
Also the "savings expenditure" the Radeon X800 XT, the Radeon X800 pro, could nearly everywhere the NV40 without problems overhaul.
The focused price of 499$ (approximately 420 euro) is not too highly
set for this achievement, completely in the opposite!

Explanation

Me is naturally clear, that this result "offiziel" is not.
But after many see the R420 chanceless opposite the NV40, think I brings this computer forecast article again little reason and
zuversicht into the ATi younger fan municipality.
We are natural on the 4. Strained and results in the height of my calculated expect May!

Since the R420 on the R360 constructs, one can look at my computer forecasts as to some extent strengthened!

Whom it interests:

Suppl.. NV40: Suppl.. NV38 * suppl.. R360 * 1,5 * 80/ 100

- the 1,5 (1,3 with the X800 pro) resulting in itself from the
clock difference between the R360 and the R420.
- the 80% at the end are for "possible not foreseen events".

We discussed this article for a long time. Since it is nevertheless quite "speculative".
Since we do not want to lose actually our reliability, we have us decided this article only in the forum to publish (+ News
message) this are not however not to mean, which we to this article do not stand!

I am also strained on it which in the R420 am. I will not buy the map yet, perhaps but the chances stand well, that I buy a map from the 9800er row, since the prices with security will continue to sink.

Last edited:
my god........once the x800 gets previewed, the 6800u so many people were premature to declare the winner will treat it as yesterdays news. nvidia will need to charge $300 for their 6800u cause thats all itll be worth considering how much faster, better iq, one molex, less heat, more oc than nvidia. the x800 pro is superior in everyway, the x800xt takes it to a new level!

THESE ARE NOT REAL

these "benchmarks" are all made up by the author of the article. he is trying to PROJECT the performance of the r420.

i love how people jump to conclusions when they have no idea what they are talking about. :rolleyes:

xtrmeocr said:
THESE ARE NOT REAL

these "benchmarks" are all made up by the author of the article. he is trying to PROJECT the performance of the r420.

i love how people jump to conclusions when they have no idea what they are talking about. :rolleyes:

Sheeeeesh....I love how people just jump to judgement:rolleyes: Especially when "unofficial" is in the title.

Of course we know...thats what unofficial means!!

But...how do you know they arent' real:p

Sentential said:
U sure.... and its not entirely jumping to conclusions since we cant read german

the author tries to project the performance of the 420 by comparing the nv38 to the n40 and then the r360 to the rumored specs of the r420.

Ahh... well he did a good job LOL.

The numbers look about right to me. Although the x800XT score looks a little high. I give the x800XT 13.5 marks tops

I think they are real, keep in mind hes saying they arent so ati wont get mad he broke the NDA. sneaky guy. someone who works for ati told us anonymously that the x800xt will be 550+ core clocks and 15 to 16k in 2003 while the x800 pro will match or beat the 6800u, hes right, he knows!

they are NOT real jesus, why do you think he uses the word projection and forecast so many times?

all these numbers are guesses pulled out of his *** more or less.

xtrmeocr said:
they are NOT real jesus, why do you think he uses the word projection and forecast so many times?

all these numbers are guesses pulled out of his *** more or less.

Because it isn't out yet... and so he doesn't break an NDA.

also projection != guessing

Back