• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

put on new cpu, and HSF..dont boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Karbon

i recently bought a p4 2.6c from someone here on the forum. that is the only hardware that was changed. i put on AS5, sp-94, and tornado, put motherboard back in, put on ATX connector to mobo, power to cpu, turned it on to make sure it works, and my D-bracket says the cpu was installed incorrectly or is broken.i've tried seating the cpu 5+ times, is there anything im forgetting?

uhhh....i reseated the cpu...D-bracket said it was fine. i hooked up all the optical drives and fans etc. i went to turn it on, absolutely nothing happened... :X i reseated the ram, and now it will turn on for about 4-5 seconds. after 5 seconds it will turn off.

Are you sure your psu isnt faulty? Is everything getting decent power? Are the pins from the case to the mobo in the right spots?

when i had just the minimums (cpu/vga/ram) i let it run for a good minute, it was fine. the thing i dont understand is how everything just shuts off after a few seconds. i have a 350Watt fortron PSU btw, with 1 HDD, 2 opticals, gf4, audigy sound card, and -lots- of fans.

ok...i took cpu/ram/vga out, put it back in, reset cmos. it was on for about 20 seconds more or less, than turned off. now it wont turn on at all

im running the exact same setup as before, my 2.6c died, so i got a new 2.6c. my d-bracket now says the cpu wasnt installed correctly :X im gonna reseat the cpu again, if anyone is willing to help me, feel free to instant message me on AIM, my S/n is

sw1zzled

any ideas anyone? im starting to think i broke the cpu or something.. it will turn off after 12-15 seconds after turned on.

Back