• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

More Or Less Antifreeze???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

twitch579

Disabled
HEY i have a thermaltake aquarious 2 kit and im wondering wether to use more or less antifreeze. THis system does not move alot of water so i thought more antifreeze would slow it down since its thicker. Currently i have about 15 percent anti freeze in there(just enough to make the water green) and the rest is distilled water. Anybody no any trick to better cooler moving water? More antifreeze? Less? I tried more anti freeze and the temps stayed basically the same. 44 idle 55 load. thanks

With all else being equal, the more antifreeze you use the worse the cooling. Unless you are using a chiller type setup, the reasons you even have any in there are for corrosion and anti-microbial, not cooling.

What Romebaby said.... more AF is not going to help.

You can try remounting your water block. I was getting crappy temps with my home brewed setup using a maze3. I finally took it apart last week and found that the WB was not seated on the CPU properly.

man i know the aquarious 2 kit is cheap i just wish people would not spend there hard earned money on it. I had one took me about 2 weeks to figure out it was not that great. And now i have a better setup for about 30 dollars less then i payed for the aquarious 2. But just like everyone else said antifreezeis not going to help. Changing the blocks is not going to help. And adding a different rad is not going to help. I am not trying to say it is junk it is just not made to be ran hard. If you want it cool get different equipment.

Lotec25

i got it used for pretty cheap, its cooling way better than my volcano did, ill give it that. THe problem in the system is the pump i think, the rest of the setup is alright! I read alot of reviews and they all said the pump was to blame, i forget the numbers exact but they said the aquarious pump only pushes liek 20 gallons an hour, i think thats REAL bad. U can hardly tell its workin. The radiator and the rest all seems top notch, nice copper construction and water block is straight, its the pump. I might pick up another pump and see what happens.

You're definitely right about the pump. The 80mm radiator is not very good either. Too many 180 turns and not enough surface area, although it is quite compact. Those anti kink springs in the tubing doesn't help either.

i took the springs out, maybe a new pump will liven it up a little, get the water actually moving!! Other than that im pretty happy with it ...so far

Back