• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Super glueing ram chips... stop me....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ocforums123

Disabled
ok so i bought some super glue
i got generic cpu compound already
i got 8 ram chips cut from 2 old pentium CPUs.

7 are good ramchips

1 went wrong and is not smooth at the bottom (view pic)

so should i a) use the screwed up ramchip? how will it effect it if 7 are good and 1 is bad?

and b) use super glue on the corners and cpu ccompound in the middle (I CANT FIND A PLACE THAT SELLS ANY THERMAL ADHESIVE)

the ram chips in this one are from an old *** IBM 1986 8088 or something... thats 320kb right there that stick lol

i went ahead and made a new one and glued them on! now to overclock that memory!!!

i also moved the small fan from teh back of the card and put it on the northbridge like u guys suggested!!!

reaper79 said:
Wow... what kind of ram is that in your pics?? EDO or FPM or something??

no idea its from like 1987 from an IBM 8088 or soemthing

2 sticks of 320kb :)

the RAMSINKS HELPED... 504Mhz thats 25 real mhz more, so 50 when doubled

250/400 @
332/504

yup im a happy camper:D

when i ran 3DMARK03 i got artifacts right away and they were there until i went down to 470mhz for the memory.
But in Colin Mcrae Rally 04 i played 30mins none stop replay with 332/504 and it worked without any artifacts.

guess colin mcrae rally is not as sensitive to memory, and going from 470 to 504 did not better my FPS in the game. it stayed in the 30-40 zone on all settings HIGH and 1284 x 1024.

i read somewhere that the memory is undervolted alittle on the 9200, and thats why its not stable at those speeds, even tho its rated at 250mhz. equals 500Mhz Hynix 4ns.

i doubt that 450mhz setting i had on the video ram really worked properly kuz i was usuing it playing Colin Mcrae Rally 04.

ocforums123 said:

no idea its from like 1987 from an IBM 8088 or soemthing

2 sticks of 320kb :):D

Hehehehe, that's not even EDO then, maybe just standard old SIMM chips. That memory brand new was probably $100 a stick.;)

Have fun! :D

Back