• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sound (Crackling,popping,??) with Audigy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

coolink

Registered
Every time I play a game with the FSB set to other value than 166 I get sound (cracking, popping,). And I notice that when this occurs my HD led blinks, and there is a very short freeze of the image, almost imperceptible. Is this a problem with my soundcard or my IDE driver??

I had the same problem a while ago. But I was using my on-board sound, so I guess the OC didn't go well with my on-board audio. Once I get a Soundblast Live! 5.1 the problem disappeared.

If any of your buddies have a soundblaster live card, try using that instead. Or change the card you have right now to a different PCI slot, could be other devices are sharing that IRQ and it's causing conflicts (refer to your mobo manual to see which PCI slots are shared with what)

Plus you should always have the latest drivers for your card (if you don't already have them)

Hope you can fix the problem :)

Thanks for the reply,
My Soundcard is in the PCI Slot 3 and it is not sharing the IRQ with no other components. Also, I´m using the latest drivers for the card.
It´s very strange cause only 1 More Mhz on the FSB (167) and the problem starts again...

I think the problem is solved now. I just changed the NVidia IDE driver to the Original Microsoft IDE driver and now everything seems OK!!

Back