• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help me get rid of a virus!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rassler

When Norton Anivirus ran last night it found a virus (esfzpzex.dll). Norton was unable to quarintine or delete it however. I then ran, which i do every few days anyway, Ad-Aware, Spybot S&D, RegScrubXP, and even downloaded and tried PCcleaner. Nothing worked. I ran Norton again, it found it again, and couldn't get rid of it again!:mad: Can you guys please help me out at all, I have no idea what I am supposed to do here, and I can't take the fact that there is a darn virus on my computer! Please help!

Oh yea, and what it actually does is it starts using 100% of my CPU for Kazaa Lite, which really ******es me off cause i hardley ever use Kazaa anymore.

Last edited:
Ok, I rebooted into Safe Mode and ran Norton again. It found it but once again could not get rid of it. But i clicked on the "More Details" button and found out exatly where it was and what it was called.
Here is what I got, it was located at:
C:/Documanets & settings/Administrator/Local Settings/Temperary Internet Files/Content.IE5/XLOXOMIH/

The specific file was:
esfzpzex [1].cab

The virus was:
Downloader. MSCache virus

So after finding that stuff out I went to track it down myself. I found it and unbelievablely it allowed me to delet it to the Recycling Bin, and then Delete it from there off my comp. Could that be it? I mean is it really gone from the cumputer or is it likely still imbedded somewhere else? Thanks for the help and anything else you can give me to get rid of this bugger!!

Ok, I think it was already gone from before, but I downloaded CleanUp! anyway and ran it. Seems to work pretty well, but it is only a 30 day trial. :( Oh well. Thanks for all the help!!

I think its all fine now. Well doing something stupid in the registry is impossible for me.....I dont even know how to get into the registry!?!? IM SUCH A NOOB!!!!!!:(

Back