• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BF:V patch 1.1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

micamica1217

well here is the list of what will be in it:

""Community Update - 4.30.04

Update 1.01 Info
DICE and EA are pleased to announce that the first Battlefield Vietnam update has entered the home stretch here at EA and should be ready for release in the very near future. We've spent some time gathering and evaluating the feedback on Battlefield Vietnam from the community, community forums and from the Battlefield Vietnam Performance Issues e-mails we solicited back in mid-March. We're happy to report that we have been able to address many of these issues for the update.

While future Battlefield Vietnam updates will include game features that were added to Battlefield 1942 post-ship (such as the Voting GUI), v1.01 is intended to address community related issues. The following is a list of the major items being addressed in v1.01. Of particular note in this list are tweaks to server functionality that should provide a much improved play-experience on servers that are hosting high-player-count games (please note the server hardware requirements posted in the Community Update from April 9, fixes to the internal server browser functionality, and rebalancing of the M60, the RPD and the US Heavy Assault kits.

SERVER FIXES
General optimizations to reduce server lag
CDkey hash added to game.listplayers output
game.listPlayers uses the new format:
#Id: - is remote ip: : hash:
Gamespy port setting fixed
game.gameSpyPort - now working
game.gameSpyLANPort - now working
game.ASEPort - removed (not supported by ASE)
All Seeing Eye updated
Battlefield Vientam games no longer appear in Battlefield 1942 ASE list
Player details should appear correctly in ASE server list
CLIENT FIXES

Sort by Ping fixed in Server Browser
Scrollbar fixed in Server Browser
Soldier prediction fixed to remove jerky movements when walking/jumping
M60 removed from the LAW kit and replaced with M14
M60 and RPD min/max bullet deviation increased when standing/moving
M60 and RPD max bullet deviation decreased slightly when prone
Rate of fire and velocity of M60/RPD adjusted
Player movement speeds on Heavy Assault kits reduced slightly
Network overhead of vehicle engines and airlifting significantly reduced
Added minimap warning icon when enemies are within capture radius of an opposing team flag
Keep an eye on this space in the coming weeks for an announcement on the release of 1.01. ""

the real question is when?

mica

Hehehehe you beat me too it! LOL just read this myself and was about to post!

Many beleive it will be released by the end of the month.

Also have you seen the screens for BF2: MODERN COMBAT !

chopper.jpg

tank.jpg

some decent enough fixes - I would like them to completely nerf the helicopters, keep their firepower, just dont leave it as it were you need a small countries arsenal just to take one down...there is nothing worse than seeing someone with a 100-1 score because they have spent all game in a helicopter above your spawn

Does it fix 9800 pro performance issues?!?!?! :p

-=[edit]=-

FarEast: BF2 and BF:MC are 2 different games. Modern Combat is a PlayStation 2 game. BF2 is the followup to the BattleField series.

How about they remove choppers and the m60...then I will be happy.

Or just keep the transport helis. That would be fine. :)

YellowDart said:
Does it fix 9800 pro performance issues?!?!?! :p

-=[edit]=-

FarEast: BF2 and BF:MC are 2 different games. Modern Combat is a PlayStation 2 game. BF2 is the followup to the BattleField series.

Im aware of that but in the article i read (In Japan) They refered to the PC version as i stated and the PS2 version as BF Modern Combat not BF2: Modern combat.

And I hope it does sort out the performance issues!

FarEast said:

Im aware of that but in the article i read (In Japan) They refered to the PC version as i stated and the PS2 version as BF Modern Combat not BF2: Modern combat.

And I hope it does sort out the performance issues!

hrmmm... news to me... I thought it was just BF2. Oh well... whatever said game is titled, it looks bad ***. :D

YellowDart said:

hrmmm... news to me... I thought it was just BF2. Oh well... whatever said game is titled, it looks bad ***. :D

As i said i was aware of that and your comments are slightly flame baiting........ basicly in my reply i was agreeing with you.

FarEast said:

As i said i was aware of that and your comments are slightly flame baiting........ basicly in my reply i was agreeing with you.

It's all good dood... If I sounded like I was trying to bait a flame, I apologize. I was agreeing w/ you too. :p

The choppers rule in BF:V and modern combat looks exactly like desert combat a mod for BF 1942. The server ping filter fix is definately a good thing :D that was really annoying me.

yeah this patch better fix performace issues, those ruin the game, but like other said when??!?!!

I have no problem with the huey gunships and the cobras as I always play the vietcong. I just want it to take 2 HS missels to knock them out instead of 3.

No servers play with autoteam balance off or force a 2:1 ratio of VC to US soldiers so numbers arent balancing. Also the m60 isn't anywhere near the m60 the real soldiers used. THe real m60 was heavy and slowed you down and doesn't fire nearly that fast.

FarEast said:
And the US solider didn't carry an M60 and a LAW!

I was only kidding around heh....

ADDED: We still use M60s and they are one manned in SF platoons, in 'Nam there were crews of 2 at least. But they are damn heavy and they arent taht easy to carry around like that unless you're The Fridge.

That napalm really needs to light stuff on fire and cause massive fires, like real napalm.

yeah they need to increase the potency of Napalm and let it burn longer it's over and done with too quickly at the moment..... Maybe let it burn in game for three minutes or something.

Longer burning napalm could add a really cool element to flag defense in CTF and Conquest. :D

You could just torch an entire area of jungle surrounding a flag/base entrance point, thus forcing any enemy seeking entry on foot to take damage.

also i think the VC should be able to make more tunnels.... and actually move between them durring game play rather than just as respawns

Back