• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BF:V patch 1.1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I hope they still have enough sense to tone down the huey gunship. Im tired of playing dodge the heli with the guys that have joysticks.
2 HS missles to kill would be ideal.

The m60 stuff looks good. maybe we can use other weapons now.

I hope they still have enough sense to tone down the huey gunship. Im tired of playing dodge the heli with the guys that have joysticks.

I don't really have any problem with helicopters in general, they could probably balance them slightly better though. The Cobra = Ownage in the right hands. Some of the best Helicopter pilots do not use Joysticks as they use a Mouse/Keyboard for it or at least to what they've said.

If I'm NVA, I SA-7 them from the sky LIKE BROKEN BIRD! Although everyone should agree the M60 needs to be crippled big time & the game in general code wise needs improvement.

Takes to many hits to take down a chopper on foot. Shooting off missles is like holding up a big sign that says "shoot me", sure if the whole team is trying at it you can take em down pretty quick but then its like i said, your just "playing dodge the chopper"

yeah napalm does need to actualy be napalm, and burn things for a long time. The m60 needs to lower its accuracy a ton, and im glad the law and m60 were seperated.

As far as gunships i dont really mind them. As long as you stay with a group and dont wander off on your own, you generally have a chance of taking one out before you can get owned.

I'm quite happy with the modifications to the m60. Those are the start of exactly what I feel it needed. Hopefully they nerfed it enough to make it where you can fight someone armed with one though. I do hope that the player speed was slowed enough to make it a hassle to play large maps with it. While it may make it even more of a camping weapon it will at least slow them down for my sniper scope. :D

Added minimap warning icon when enemies are within capture radius of an opposing team flag
This bothers me though. Why not go ahead and auto aim my player in the direction of the enemy and get it over with. I mean the big flag timer in the middle of your screen stops moving, isn't that enough? I think having the payer names show up so far away makes it plenty easy to find any enemy anywhere this is just too far.

Has it been patched yet??? I've set BFV to the side and haven't been following any newer developments over the past couple weeks. Any new info???

no, but when its out it best be the patch to end all patches with lots of new maps and the perfect gameplay known to man, cos they had so much time to do it...and its been a while since the first 1.1 servers were sighted and 1.1 fix notes released.

WHoa?? its out?? gonna go d/l it

And the m60 sux? best news I've heard all day!

EDIT: WOW! This game is playable now! M60 only good in prone and not paired with LAW, like it should be. Now, time for some BF:V!

Last edited:
Robrules18 said:
hmm M60 sucks now good i guess, but i kept getting owned by the MAT-49, and m-16 seems to dominate US now...

well thats actually how it should be, the m 16 is standard issue, it is supposed to be the weapon more widley used. the way it is now, a 3 to 4 man squad wih 1 m60 gunner providing cover should be more realistic, instead of before where the whole squad had m 60s.

i know my main issue is the MAT-49 engineers are troopers that gun is supposed to be for self defense but im getting pegged from sniper range with it and up close forget about it, its like the M60 with a much smaller clip.

Oh and this is the 1.01 patch 1.1 will add a new level and two new helicopters.

Hmm, This patch may not be as good as I originally had thought. 4 crashes in the last hour and a half. Is anyone else getting crashes? (specs in sig)

Leviathan41 said:
Hmm, This patch may not be as good as I originally had thought. 4 crashes in the last hour and a half. Is anyone else getting crashes? (specs in sig)

None here .

What (cat) driver version are you using ?

stereo555 said:

None here .

What (cat) driver version are you using ?

I'm using 4.5, but I don't think it is video card drivers. Lots of people are having the same issue with all different kinds of setups. EA's forums are full of complaints.

However, I think I may have fixed it. I had to change the sound hardware acceleration in the directX config tool from "full acceleration" to "basic acceleration". I'm not sure that fixed it but I played for an hour without a crash, as opposed to it crashing every 10 minutes or so before. Only time will tell.

It is a good patch, if I can fix the CTDs. I only get killed by M60 10% of the time now instead of 90% like before, lol!

Well, I saw some improvement in teh stutters dept with my new driver set and the new patch. I upgraded to Omega 4.5's and grabbed the new 1.01 patch. BFV is at least playable now on 1280x960. ;)

I'd still like to see better performance though, since I can almost run FarCry playable @ 1600x1200 with the same in game settings...

Previous to the patch, I had never CedTD. After the patch, however, I CTD every 5-10 maps. Many other users on the EA site reported CTDs post patch even though they had none before it.

They need a patch to patch the patch...

-Ish-

Back