• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BEST RBX NOZZLE #4 or #5 ????? DEBATE!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

danman81

Let's have a debate on the best RBX nozzle there is. With a strong pump such as the Liang D4, pushing well over 300 gph and a short setup loop, what would be the ideal nozzle for the best performance? A small slit a bunch of little holes?

My vote is for the little holes, #5, becuase i beleive jets will shoot right into the little cups in above the core. Lets get your vote!!!!!!!

THIS IS NOT A DEBATE THIS IS A FREE FOR ALL VOTE! #4 OR #5??

Last edited:
Well there is a problem with having a debate about this. Each person here has a virtually unique setup, thus each nozzle will have differen't effects on their system. They may get results radically differen't from your with just slight variations in their setup.

With a strong pump in your 'average' setup the #5 nozzle seems to work best in most situations because it can handle jet impigment without totally killing flow through your loop unless im mistaken.

I mean, what about for the strongest pump and highest flow rates? The nozzle with the smallest hole? #4? #5?

How many other waterblocks are you using? And how restrictive is the rest of your setup?

You really need to try the nozzles out, and see for yourself, as VAdept said, they'll all do differently depending on the rest of your system. I don't have the block myself, but from what I've read, and pictures I've seen, I'm pretty sure #5 would be best in a single waterblock system, with a fairly powerful pump like the Laing D4.

felinusz said:
How many other waterblocks are you using? And how restrictive is the rest of your setup?

You really need to try the nozzles out, and see for yourself, as VAdept said, they'll all do differently depending on the rest of your system. I don't have the block myself, but from what I've read, and pictures I've seen, I'm pretty sure #5 would be best in a single waterblock system, with a fairly powerful pump like the Laing D4.

The only other block is a north bridge block and i am using no reservior (tline only) and very short lengths of tubing, and a bix radiator

"DEBATES" have been a problem here in the past. to the point where we no longer have a debates section. however I can easily see the merit in people posting which nozzle works best for them and why, it might help others who are unsure make a decision. Inquiring minds want to know.

Ah the debates section was before my time, im relatively new here. Maybe debate wasn't the best word to use. You have to buy all the nozzles together anyway so you might as well test them all :D

HERE'S THE TALLY SO FAR:

#5: 2 VOTES, 3 INCLUDING MY OWN

#4: NO VOTES IT MUST SUCK!

LET'S HAVE YOUR INPUT!!! POST YOUR REPLY!!! WHAT DO YOU USE AND WHY?

Last edited:
What we need is someone to do some real testing.

As a gide line

#5 for high flow, single block
#4 for lower flow, multi block

What about #1-2-3? super low flow?

I don't own a RBX but I've heard the same results just like slater has. The 5 is better for single block(cpu) with a high power pump and the 4 is better for multi blocks. Since it comes down to this, it doesn't matter which is better since it's obvious but real world testing can prove me wrong of course hehe. 4 would be the best overall since IMO has the room for everything whereas the 5 can't. :)

I've been testing the waterblocks. The RBX with all the tips was tested. Tip 4 was the best out of all of them and it has a higher flow rate.

extremecorvette said:
I've been testing the waterblocks. The RBX with all the tips was tested. Tip 4 was the best out of all of them and it has a higher flow rate.

Okay I must say, the higher flow rate means there is less of a 'jet' effect. The lower flow rate means that you are putting your thumb on the garden hose more and less water is shooting out, but in more of a jet stream.

What I want to know, how did you measure the flow rate in your system?

ok this was asked in another thread, and rokk said the difference between the two was practically immeasurable. he did however recommend the use of #4 because he said it was easy to clog the holes in #5.

danman81

I used a digital flow meter, and fan it at the same pressure for 1-7GPM. I turn the pump up and I had a pressure regulator to control pressure.

extremecorvette said:
danman81

I used a digital flow meter, and fan it at the same pressure for 1-7GPM. I turn the pump up and I had a pressure regulator to control pressure.

So you are saying that nozzle #5 was less restrictive? Thanks for posting your results. Did you take temp readings?

nozzle 5 is the one with the drilled holes in it. 4 is the best. I have flow numbers and temps. You have to remeber that my temp numbers are off a Die test block and not a CPU. There right but my temps are higher than what would be seen on the CPU by a few degrees, 2-5. I'll be posting them on a webpage once finals are done.

So you are saying that nozzle #5 was less restrictive? Thanks for posting your results. Did you take temp readings?

Same pump and even at 300GPM on the sytem the nozzle 4 was better. I think tip 3 was even better than 5. I'll be done with finales on Tuesday.

extremecorvette said:
Same pump and even at 300GPM on the sytem the nozzle 4 was better. I think tip 3 was even better than 5. I'll be done with finales on Tuesday.

cool ill be waiting for your results! thanks!!

Back