• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What to put in extra 5.25" bays?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MiNdWaRp

What are some cool things to fill up my empty drive bays?

How useful are card readers, hard drive coolers, or fan controllers?

I already want a Thermaltake Xray :D

I just filled them up with Lite-On CD-RWs and DVD drives because they are so cheap. 5 CD Drives are semi-interesting to look at.

why do I need xtra drives :\

I was hoping someone on here could point me to some cool accessories, like the xray (cupholder and cigarette lighter), you know, stuff thats not really necessary, but just a new idea, something interesting :)

Last edited:
How many extra bays do you have? Put the Thermaltake Xray in that you want, Fan controller, Cooler Master Musketeer System Dynamics Detector, Ant farm, Switch panel for your lights and the list can go on an on. I am thinking about taking my modem an router apart and putting thrm in one of my spare drive bays. If I can figure out how to keep the wires nice and hidden then I just might do it.

Scroll down about half way and you'll see a post I made with links to different cig accessories for your computer...Link

Lol I don't smoke, I wanted the cupholder, not the lighter :eek:

but... I decided that its pretty much worthless considering that my tower will be on the floor, which means to be able to have good access to the cupholder, I'd need to put it on the top.

At the top, the cup would restrict access to the USB ports, Optical drives, and anything else I put up there :\

no use to me.

Last edited:
SavageBasher said:
Got any links for that? :D :D

If you're talking to me, then yes I do. You'll find all you need here.

btw, it's much brighter without the flash on my camera, I just couldn't hold the thing steady enough for a good shot.

Too bad its not a monitor... that would be even cooler, a little LCD monitor in front of your case :)

is it possibile to get one that is a moniter? or even one that can display more then just Temp information, maybe one that scrolls teh current song your playing?

I would like one I could like play a movie on while I'm playing a game. Like a dual monitor setup, only not quite.

They make them but they are a pain to setup. You have to wire a parallel port to them because they are not really made for computer applications.

There's 4" LCD displays that work as a pretty good tv display. Problem is that you need to use the TV out on your card at the same time you're gaming. That would hag your framerates pretty badly.

For mine, I used an old removable harddrive enclosure.
I inserted an old 20 gig ATA66 drive I had laying around (just enough space).
I ran norton ghost and backed up my entire system to it.
When you turn the key to remove it, the power shuts off. I leave it in there where it's safe, but nothing can happen to the data when it's unplugged. Like an easier to use zip drive without the expensive media, and windoze doesn't have a cow with it.
Just a thought.

The cooler master Stacker already has room for a second PSU.

I think I'll put in the 3rd 120 mm fan to start out, then once I need the bay for a second optical drive, I'll install an Aerogate II and a musketeer.

man ur camera makes praetorian look bad :( :p

i have a silver praetorian... nuff said really :D

Back