• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Keyboard error or no keyboard present

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shinyo21

Help !!! I face a problem with my PC. Actually my PC quite some time no use already and when I intend to boot the system, it hang up with a error message "Keyboard error or no keyboard present " ..i have checked with the keyboard and it was alright. My keyboard actually is a serial keyboard ... well ...since the serial keyboard have problem i use a PS/2 keyboard and join with a converted from PS/2 >> Serial and then plug into the PC .... it give me the same error message ... Can anyone tell me how am i going to solve this kind of problem ??????:( :(

by pressing F1? it says press f1 to continue. if it does nothing i think u can pretty easily say the keyboard doesnt work?

Have you tried clearing the CMOS data and letting the motherboard redect the serial port during the POST of your next boot attempt?

If you have the manual for the motherboard it should show you where the 'clear CMOS' jumper is and explain how to clear it. Or if the system is really old, you might have to remove the battery from the motherboard for a couple of minutes to reset everything.

DWolf:cool:

i tried alredy to reset the cmos and when i boot the machine
it give me two error message
first is keyboard error or no keyboard present
second is checksum error ...i think this error is because the cmos was been clear so for the first time it will appear like this .....

so any other choise ...... oh ya i have find out the mother board is 5svx version 1.30 ...

Your KB port on the MB may be broken :(
I had a MB with this problem. I got it to work ocasionally (by pushing on it in the right direction) and set the machine up with a USB KB. Of cpurse the bios must support a USB on boot...

Back