• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Accurate Temp Readings;

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aNTiChRisT

Ok, so im fed up with my abit board giving me 53c load, and my temp sensor on the back of the waterblock giving me 30c load, so i was thinking -- what if i drill a hole in the side of the IHS, and feed a temp. node into it? Would it do any damage? I doubt it just need abit of re-assurance.

In all honesty, i think scale wise the abit board is on, but it needs a -10c fix on it.

~t0m

Seriously, you're willing to drill a hole in the side of the IHS just for more accuracy in temps?.... I'd rethink the benefits of that if I were you. I've destroyed a P4 removing the IHS before so I know how it feels and lemme tell you that I'd never ever even consider doing that again. To top it off, I didn't notice improved temps either.

Stick to what you have. If you want to obtain more accurate temps, I suggest you get your water temps, that'll give you more accurate readouts.

Back