• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help!!! probls starting up Windows XP!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

meleka

Hello guys...
i've just got my Infinity today...
it's working with a 2500+ Mobile...
but i just can't make the Windows XP install work...:(
after load all the primery files... he got to a prompt screen.. and stay there... with that stupd undescore char blinking and blinking...:mad:
i'm trying to install it on a Maxtor ATA100 ( I'm really nt sure about it , ATA133 maybe)...
anyone nows waths going on!???
can u please give me a light!???

tnkz

If you're installing from the SATA channel, press F6 key when you see the option to install a third party SCSI driver. It will prompt the driver and insert the RAID diskette into the floppy. It will load the driver and the setup will continue again...

Hope this helps..

go into you bios and make sure your drive is set to LBA. the earlier bioses default to CHS or Auto for some reason.

also is all the multis and voltages stock or are you trying to overclock it from the start ( which is NEVER a good idea) hope it helped a bit an good luck

no... none of this...
well... i'm not using any kind of sata periphericals...
my hd is already as LBA...
n i'm not trying to overclock my system...

the conf i'm runing ( or trying to run ) right now is:

fsb @ 133mhz
multpl. @ x14
memory @ 1:1
cpu voltage @ 1.475

well.. i've tried to build up a linux system here... but... as windows... its not working...
the installation locks after some time...

i'm using a pair of the oldest ddr i know... hehehe
well.. my first one actually...
it's a generical 266 one...
some one told me that they could have some problem...

thinkng on that... i've thinked about buying a new one...
DDR PC3200 GEIL 512MB VALUE

is it a good one!?

well... thats it... i still trying to start the os... any more guesses!?

thnkz guys anyway...

Try chs for hd access mode? Everybody's drives seem to work on lba, but my Western Digital pata drives only work on chs.

See if you can run memtest (put it on a bootable CD or floppy) on your system. Nothing will install on a system with unstable memory. You may have to loosen timings and/or increase voltage.

uhm...
hey johan... which memtest u advise!?

should i try to update my bios already!?
which version!?

maybe try running with just 1 stick of memory? is this a newly formatted hd? you could try turning the sata controller off...

"thinkng on that... i've thinked about buying a new one...
DDR PC3200 GEIL 512MB VALUE"

i have 2 of these (golden dragon value 512mb) and they will NOT go past 200fsb. i would NOT recommend this memory on a DFI sister board if you are aiming for high fsb speeds.

hope this helps

Try a different MS OS, and see if that works...
As for linux, had to use a bootable linux floppy to boot to the mandrake cds in order to install, board jsut wont boot them...

New ram wise, OCZ 35/3700 EB no doubt (unless you can find some BH5)

it is your ram get new ram and give that a try it frezzes? also u are on a mobile right??? and they are 333 and the mem u have is pc2100/266/133 so u are already trying to oc the mem from the start....so get new mem and all will b well and good.....

Back