• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gonna order a 3.0C tonight. Where can I get the best one online please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Flakk

So I've just spontaneously decided (as it always happens) that I'm going to buy a P4 3.0C tonight. It's been almost 4 months since I've upgrade and it just hit me like that.

Where is the best place to do buy a 3.0C right now? I want to be as close to guaranteed to getting the best stepping that I can. I like newegg/zip zoom fly.. do they have good ones?

I'd like one of those new 30 cap chips if possible, I just havent been following up on where to get one.

Thanks a bunch. I'd like to order this ASAP :)

well there is no specific store but newegg would be your best bet....email a couple other places like pc supply source and ask them if they can handpick a specific stepping for you

yeah newegg is kinda my default. i dont particulary want to spend a lot of time reviewing steppings.. :\ i'll check out pc supply's prices real fast tho......

- edit -

heck screw it, im gonna prob go try monarch computers since they have that sale going. ill just gamble and hope i get a good stepping. if i dont i'll just sell in a few months and get a good prescott (hopefully by then they are good :D )

- edit -

crap, missed the sale.. guess it was only 1 day lol. back to newegg =)

i apparently i like to think aloud a lot when purachasing ... lalala ignore this all. im losing it!

dear god please let this thread die lol

Last edited:
WAIT!!!
I think pc suppy source or whatever its called sells guaranteed sl6wus....check with them, see if you can get one of those...

like crap. I think I have my SLK-947 mounted wrong, my idle temps are 52C idle, 64C under load, IC7-Max3 at stock 3.0Ghz. I'm working on fixing that now...

Did you already order? I strongly recommend PC Supply Source, which is where I got my 3.0C. I use NewEgg for most online orders, but couldn't specify steppings or pack dates. While it's still a crapshoot and steppings / pack dates may not actually indicate better CPUs, it's nice to be able to order a very specific product. PC Supply Source has great customer service, both on the phone and online. I was impressed with their desire and ability to cater to an individual customer's requests. Their prices are close to NewEgg's also, so you won't have to pay a premium for their level of attention.

Good luck with whatever chip you get. Lots of good 3.0Cs out there these days.

I just got my 3.0C from newegg yesterday.

I havent played with it much yet, but it did 3.5 prime stable on default Vcore and is currently doing 3.6 with a tiny bump up at 1.55V (from 1.525 default).

It is a SL6WK, it has 12 caps, pack date 2-19-04

So far so good :) later tonight I will probably see how much farther it will go

-Chris

sl6wk1.jpg

batboy said:
How does that new SL6WK O/C?

I have one from newegg, the pack date was about a week after Fuzion's.

I have been able to OC it 3.90 @ 1.625 on water.
and 3.60 on air with stock vCore.

Back