• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need advice on AMD PSU??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Paul.K

Currently I am running my AMD athlon 1.4 @1.57 on a 300Watt Seasonic Model SR-300FS power supply. However from browsing through AMD recommended PSU's my PSU is only recommended for processor speeds up to 800Mhz. Now I have tried to OC to 1.6 but too no success. I've increased voltage and used different settings but I still keep getting Windows protections errors and blue screens of death. Now what power supply are you guys running and what make and model do you recommend since i'm going to buy a different PSU...

When it comes to power supplies, I wouldn't buy anything not on the AMD recommended list. When they recommend a power supply they make sure it has enough amps on each channel. It's always a good place to start. As for which one, it's up to you. I know Enermax and Antec make good ones. I'm the proud owner of the 400w Antec that's on the list. http://www.directron.com has a good selection. Check them out. Sorry this wasn't more help.

Anyone with a similar setup.....what type of PSU are you using please help....

PC Power and Cooling Turbocool line

I have a PC Power and Cooling Turbocool 350w that I plan to use once my AMD rig is complete. Although I do not run AMD right now, I have heard good things about the turbocools.

I'm running a 1.4 GHz Athy at 1.6 GHz with an Antec 350W PS. I would have gotten the 400W model, but it what double the price. Anyway, the system runs well with the Antec 350W PS. Avoid Enermax power supplies which have a known problem on the +5V rail (the on the core voltage is taken from) under load.

Do the Enermax have a problem with the 5V rail. My 5V rail at the moment is 4.81 which is probably the reason I cant get to 1.6 OC.

Any more suggestions on PSU....

Back