• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Movies on 1x

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sotiris

I want to make you a question to u guys.Why DVD recorder writes data with 4x speed and the movies only with 1x? What i must do to write my movies in 1,2,or 4x speed?

Most times the burning software lets ya select speed.BUT sometimes the media no matter what is printed on it for speed gets seen as writable at a lower speed...Cheap DVD disks.

Some Creation DVD disks support at least 4x Speed. But in Nero 6 i select 2x speed and the dvd is writing in 1x!What problem i have and i dont understand it?

Is there any chance the drive is in PIO mode? Check in Device management, IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers, Properties, Advanced and make sure that UDMA mode is in use.

But my DVD Recorder is connected in RAID.The PIO mode must be enabled?I wont change one other device PIO mode?

If I'm reading your post right, you have an PATA IDE RAID controller on the motherboard and the DVDR is connected to that. The RAID controllers normally do not work well with optical drives. The best fix would be to swap either the OS or a storage HDD from the main IDE controllers to the RAID and move the DVDR to the unoccupied position. Once everything is moved, make sure that everything is in UDMA mode and you should have better luck.

Another thing that came to mind, do you have the drive on the same channel as the source. That can affect burn speeds due to IDE contention. If so, then move the drive to another channel and see how that goes.

I have 2 HDDs connected in one IDE channel,the DVD-rom and the DVD-R are connected in one RAID channel.So you say to change the HDDs to RAID and the DVDs to IDE?My motherboard has one IDE and three RAID

Back