• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

check this out.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ares350

hopefully not a repost, but probably is.

this might be "extreme cooling" but it is passive...

img083.jpg

img075.jpg

img078.jpg

apparently uses dry ice and is passive cooling. found it on another forum, thats all I know.

that.... is so beautiful... omg. wont what kind of oc that acheived =|

er...well, there has to a fridge or something to cool the dryice..so i think the actual setup is alot more

Can you say "machine shop"?

That IS very nice, indeed. Lots of attention to detail. I like that!

HawainPanda said:
er...well, there has to a fridge or something to cool the dryice..so i think the actual setup is alot more

no there is nothing to "cool" the dry ice, it itself is cool ~ -76C.

You will fill halfway the containter with ethanol and the rest with dry ice.

The ethonal is the go between (like TIM) between the dry ice and the container which goes on the cpu.

yeah, no linkage Im afraid, wish there was.

I have no idea how that works. nothing to keep it cold, I assume you just replace the dry ice as it melts. which you buy from the store.

isnt dry ice a gas at room temp? so as it melted it would also evaporate, so its not like it would ever fill the container. but you would need to buy more dry ice from the grocery store every day.

ares350 said:
yeah, no linkage Im afraid, wish there was.

I have no idea how that works. nothing to keep it cold, I assume you just replace the dry ice as it melts. which you buy from the store.

isnt dry ice a gas at room temp? so as it melted it would also evaporate, so its not like it would ever fill the container. but you would need to buy more dry ice from the grocery store every day.

FOund it.
http://homepage2.nifty.com/NewBeetle/

Click "cooling" on the left then the first link.

Translation?

Back