• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New SL6WK-30cap is a keeper!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pvanosta

Had a 3.0C sl6wu in my koolance exos system.
This chip would only do 250 fsb / 3.75 GHz if I pumped the vcore up to 1.65 (measured, 1.70 in BIOS).

My new sl6wk 30-cap, is doing the same speed Prime-stable at default VCore, which is 1.475 according to the BIOS and which ABIT undervolts to 1.39, according to Mainboard monitor.

Result: stable AND cool.
At full load at 3.75 GHz: CPU 52C, Northbridge 46C

Now to find out how far this puppy will REALLY go...

:D

Hitting 3.9 GHz prime-stable

This cpu is now running at 3.9 GHz, prime stable

vCore = 1.57
Temps: 55C at full load

Very happy with that!

there isn't really much to say here looks like your just showing off waste of thread space i think but hey you do have a good OC:)

Sophisticated said:
there isn't really much to say here looks like your just showing off waste of thread space i think but hey you do have a good OC:)
thats got to be the worste comment ever.

Re: Hitting 3.9 GHz prime-stable

pvanosta said:
This cpu is now running at 3.9 GHz, prime stable

vCore = 1.57
Temps: 55C at full load

Very happy with that!

thats very nice ocing
u have luck, in picking proc
awesome cjip

I just got a new SL6WJ, its a 30 cap cpu also...

It's does about 3.9 GHz stable and I've gotten it over 4 GHz ;)
And I havn't tried much vcore yet, upto 1.65 in bios, MBM says around 1.60... Did almost 3.8 on stock vcore!
Temp's are 25°C idle, 34°C load...

ai7-oc.JPG

Just wish I could change the multiplier, my mobo might be limiting me!

Fletchs

Last edited:
Sophisticated said:

What the hell crawled up your ***?

Nice chip man, I need to get me one of those, really badly :rolleyes:

I've been thinking about getting a 3.0C, so I've been keeping track of all these threads that tell what people are getting. Sure, he's bragging a little, so would I. But, it does also provide real useful info too.

Where are people getting these new wonder SL6WJ chips? I have some other stuff I was getting ready to order from Zipzoomfly. Anyone order a 3.0C from them lately?

pvanosta...where did you get your chip at? Newegg, zipzoofly, pcsupplysource? Very nice OC bro...kraggy be jealous;)

Fletchs...where did you get your nice chip at? Since you live in Iceland, do your parts come from Cannada, USA, or Europe???? Your chip is very nice as well.

I got it at pcsupplysource. I like their service and responsiveness to questions.

Nice OC dude, thats friggin amazing....

Your NB temp is at 46C full load?

You dont think thats hot?

--------------------------------------------------

Fletchs: What kind of cooling are you using for 34C load?

TekOC:
Bear in mind that the temps are those read by MBM off of the Abit probes.
They are know for reporting temps that are 7 deg C or so above the real temps.
Prime95 is an excellent 'instability detector'. If it runs without failing, the temp is not an issue, whatever the BIOS reports.

There is no way to accurately measure the temp, so I only use it as a reference (temp under load at speed x, vs temp under load at speed y).

The system temp is way too high. Something's up with that. I've had three IC7's now and even with stock coolers I've never seen temps that high. I had a Prescott on one of the boards for awhile and still never saw temps that high. I modded the N/B cooler on one of my IC7's before I used it and the stock heatsink wasn't making full contact with the chip (you could see from the footprint in the thermal bubble gum goop). I'd check it out.

The code for this chip:

FPO: Q401A445
MM: 852371
PROD CODE BX80532PG3000DSL6WK
PACK DATE 03/09/04

Batboy:
This is my second IC7-G.
On my first, I epoxied a zalman HSF to the northbridge.
When I installed my old sl6wu, the temps on that MoBo were 5-10 degrees C lower than on the second board.
I bought the new board, because I had this NB waterblock which I wanted to install.

From day 1, the new MoBo gave higher temps on CPU and NB, and this is with everything identical to what was on the old board.
That's why I'm not worried about it. I just assume that this second MoBo has a bad Temp diode or whatever.

The temp from the Koolance Probe is still the same it was before, for what that's worth. (26-28C idle, 34C at full load, which is way too low, but it is consistent in both environments).

Back