• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did I break something??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lighty^

Registered
So I ran 3dMark03 after reinstalling my hs/f and OC'ing just a little... and the first time my score was the same as the first time I tested with stock CPU speed. So I decided to run it again, and you will not believe what 3dmark gave me as a score... 15596. Yes, you read that correctly. 3dmark 2003. I'll get a SS up somewhere in just a minute...

Computer Specs:
AMD Barton 2500+ (182x11) ~ 2GHz
ASUS A7N8X-DX
2x512MB OCZ PC-3200 RAM
nVidia GeForce FX 5900 Ultra - Default clock speeds

Is this not completely rediculous? Anyone know of a bug in 3dmark03 that would cause such a high score? My original score was 5537. This score would put me at #2 on the ORB Project listings.

I published my listing, it actually makes me #4 overall... Looks really funny with only 2GHz and an nvidia card being there lol.

Whoah latest drivers from my video card manufacturer, reboot, and this time... hold your breath... 20606! WHAT IS WRONG WITH 3DMARK03??? It won't let me publish this score, so if anyone wants to see the proof, I'll upload a screenshot of it somewhere (image too big to attach to forums).

I'm going to watch the benchmark this time and see what kind of framerates I'm getting etc. to see what's going on, and then I'll try the standard nVidia drivers (even though they tend to screw up a lot of things on my card).

Oh I just noticed project details of my runs, and randomly one or two tests will get a significantly higher FPS than it ought to.

Last edited:
Ok, I think there is definitely something wrong with these drivers. Randomly, one test will fail to show up on the screen and the screen will remain black throughout that test, and that test will receive a ridiculously high FPS. Going to install nVidia's drivers and hope nothing breaks.

I do have the #1 spot :eek:. MSI's slightly altered nVidia 5.6.6.3 or something... FInally getting around to uninstalling drivers and testing things out.

Good job with your feat. Squeeze as many Mhz out of your video card as you can as that's what 3DMARK03 likes.

What the heck?? Post some screenies - shrink them down if you have to.

And run some other benchies too. This is jacked up.

hey man the new cheats for the 6800ultra card might be kicking in on your 5900 ;)

only jokin lol im not a fanboy <<<<<<--------- ive had a Ti4200 and i still got a MX440 :):p

i would try reinstalling 3DMark2003 tho it might fix it

Standard nVidia drivers fixed it. Heres cut down version of my screenshot of the 20606 score.

Attachments

• 20606.jpg
    20606.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 109
Futuremark just killed my 18000 score I had that was #1 in the world :(

Some of the frame rates were normal but the tests that didn't actually run had ~400 fps.

maybe because the screen was black the gfx card had no problem displaying them and just ran a black screen crazily fast :-/ lol still kool either way . should email futuremark and ask tell them ur predicament

Back