• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AGP bus and PC bus problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

G T i

Registered
My specs are below. I now run at 9.5x133. In sissoft sandra. It's is saying that my AGP bus is at 89mhz?!?!?!?! I sured speeded up my FPS in games. Like by 20. But the video would crash after 1/2 hour of use. I posted in video and cooling section, and someone told me that my AGP bus should be half of my fsb. Which would be around 66. But this isn't the case. I have a 266fsb Tbird, and to reach this, I needed to set the fsb on the mobo to 133. Can someone explain to me what is going on?

Actually, AGP buses generally are set to run at 2/3 FSB, so 89 MHz doesn't sound odd, except for the fact that boards that do officially accept 133/266 FSB should change the PCI and AGP dividers to 1/4 and 1/2 FSB, respectively. So, if 133/266 FSB is a "standard" setting for your particular mobo's FSB, then I think your AGP should be 1/2 that (133), or 66MHz.

I also think I heard somewhere that some boards don't necessarily use 133 as a definite cutoff point for the divider change. So maybe something like 135 will change the div? I dunno, it's just a thought.

Back