• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

questoin on RAID(0) array by i865 chipset (Abit-IS7)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

strokeside

I have WinXP Pro on a Raptor 36GB. I just got another Raptor 36GB and want to make a RAID(0) array using both of them.
Is there a way for me to make the array without needing to re-install WinXP? (like the way you make a RAID(1) array, the way the hdd gets copied over to the 2nd drive, can the same be done for raid(0))

Or do I need to use the Repair facility on the CD and run it after I have added in the 2nd drive and set the BIOS up to use RAID? (in order for WinXP to look for the correct drivers for the hdd's, like it says on O/C.com's front page)

any suggestions would be great.
S.

To do RAID-0, you will need to backup any critical data and reinstall or use an imaging program and image to another drive. Once either backed up or imaged, you will create and initialize the array, then either reinstall or reimage.

Unfortunately, you cannot migrate to RAID-0 as the information on the original disk will be overwritten and inaccessible due to the array creation process.

I think if thats the case, I my just bite the bullet and do a clean install of XP Pro onto the raid(0) array and reinstall the stuff I want.

If anyone knows of any other way to do it, let me know.

Back