• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAM status update and a question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

StoneRyno

Updated my sig to my current setup. As you can see I got my ram at 195(390) and 2.95v. Even though ram temps weren't really high I decided from talk in pervious thread and other threads i read to go ahead and put an 80mm fan blowing air on the ram which proved quite effective. Temps are cooler than they were at default settings.

Now for the question. I was thinking it a rare possibility of taking the ram as far as 200(400) however I believe it possible that this would need 3.35v more or less. Per my experience from going from 190 to 195. at 190 the ram handled fine at default voltages. at 195 without additional voltage there was 10s of thousands of errors in test 5 and 8 of memtest86+. Each increase of 0.1v decreased the errors exponentially until a total of 0.4v extra and there was no problems in both memtest and other stressing tests including prime95 and pushing the system with other apps like video capture encoding etc and no apparent errors occured in these conditions. Hope this isn't too much info. So I am wondering if 3.35v is too much since I can't find much info on it and microns tech docs seem a bit confusing as fas as how much voltage is too much etc.

Thanks so much for all your help. Hopefully I will soon reach my goal of 2 ghz on my cpu. I think I messed up the AS5 when i moved the mobo and stuff over to the new case as the cpu temps at full load at the current settings are about 4c higher than they were when i 1st applied it.

I'd try raising it by 0.1v and test, that's the only way you can know what voltage it needs to do DDR400.
Your CPU can defintly do 2G. I used to run a DLT3C @ 2.5GHz with 1.85vcore. so I guess 2GHz is possible even at stock Vcore.

What I would probably do is increase the Vdimm to 3.0 and test it with memtest86, if not, raise 0.1 or less each time.

Suma.

Back