• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can you remove spyware from file sharing progs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pyramus

Hi guys,

I use Ad-Aware to remove spyware etc on my machine but I was wondering would it remove the spyware that file sharing progs like imesh and kazzaa install.

I'm thinking that they are part of the filesharing prog so if I wanted to remove them I would have to get rid of the prog aswell.

What ya think?

do a google search for kazaa lite.....the official site got shut down but I am sure you can find it easy enough. It was Kazaa with the adware removed.......If you cant find it let me know via PM. I personally wont use the Kazaa network again because the last few times I connected I got some viruses that werent that easy to fix........ I started using bittorrent.

Fightingpiper said:
do a google search for kazaa lite.....the official site got shut down but I am sure you can find it easy enough. It was Kazaa with the adware removed.......If you cant find it let me know via PM. I personally wont use the Kazaa network again because the last few times I connected I got some viruses that werent that easy to fix........ I started using bittorrent.

True, I would never use the full kazaa as the spyware was integrated so that the program was disabled without it. The lite version on the other hand works and installs without all the garbage.

Fightingpiper said:

www.oldversion.com :)

You're welcome ;)

under google do an advance search, and use only english entries. Search kazaa lite download. Also if that turns up nothing search Edeske and I think that is the server that it used to be supported on.

Assuming your using it for legitemate purposes, ie swapping gutenburg docs or other legal things uses Kazaa to search and download a program called Kazaa Lite K++. This is Kazaa minux all the crap with a few extra features thrown in.

Kazaa Lite K++ 2.4.3 is the current version.

tom10167 said:
I'd like to know if a spyware tool can remove the embedded stuff. :thup:

No. That spyware that's imbedded in your filesharing programs is usually required for the program to continue running.

You'd be better off to try an alternative.

Back