• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dx9.0c available

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Anyone try this?

Wonder if it's anything like the nightmarish direct x 9.0a beta that hosed my operating system. Be wary, my friends.

Did anyone read that thread and notice the big improvements people were getting in IQ and benchmark scores with the NV cards? Is this what NV is counting on to save their a$$'s?

Nandro said:
Did anyone read that thread and notice the big improvements people were getting in IQ and benchmark scores with the NV cards? Is this what NV is counting on to save their a$$'s?

that's kinda why i tried it. still got no probs and farcry looks and plays better than ever.

copernicus said:
that's kinda why i tried it. still got no probs and farcry looks and plays better than ever.
I assume this means FarCry no longer exhibits those horrible blocky artifacts all over the indoor scenes and whatnot? And where did it speed up? Indoors? Outdoors?

i never had any probs outside but indoors i had real low fps with all settings on high with no aa/af. i had to turn lighting and shadows to low to get it playable but now it's smooth as butter all on high. aa/med af/4

how the heck do you install thing thing? i clicked on it and it did something but i still have directx 9b

Be careful with this, and do not install it if you've got Win2k. It has nixed some peoples' installations. I'd play it safe and wait a bit until they official release a stable version.

fartem said:
i have xp with sp1 , how do i install this?????

you got to install it in safe mode. when in safe mode double click the install.bat file.{ms dos batchfile} after that finishes, double click version fix. it will add some registry entries, then restart and you should be good to go

hmm doesnt work , i clicked on the exe and it extracted the stuff , then i thought it installed, do i un rar it first?

Back