• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cannot go above 235 fsb w/ DFI INFINITY!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MadInsane

guys, i am trying to get to 250fsb........ its not working!! I am memtest stable at 240fsb and 3.2vdimm. At 3.3vdimm, I cannot reach anything above 243fsb...... I have tried upping chipset voltage (currently rock stable at 1.6) all the way to 1.9v Need Help!! :temper: Cpu is not an issue because i set it at low multiplier under 2ghz for testing.

Try relaxing your timings. Set them to 2.5-3-3-3-11. Also, disable Command Per Clock (CPC) if you haven't already. Lower vDIMM to 3.1, that may help. It appears you have CH-5 memory, which might not like high voltages. Leave VDD at 1.7v, and increase AGP to 1.6v or 1.7v.

i would leave the agp @ default ive found no difference when alttering this atall...i think it is possible to damage youre card as well (not sure tho)

what cpu have you got ? that still could be the problem it might not like high fsbs

try the l12 mod it helped me i was stuck until i did this i can run @250 and had it up to 260
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=301108

i find 1.7v chipset works best
you could try lowering the memory voltage .....

keep trying different combos it does take time its took me a week to get mine to where it is now ....

andy

i would leave the agp @ default ive found no difference when alttering this atall...i think it is possible to damage youre card as well (not sure tho)
3D applications and often Prime95 will fail without enough AGP voltage at higher FSBs. I need at least 1.6v on the AGP, usually 1.7v, to keep stable at 245+.

Well maybe you're just lucky. Shut up. Just because your board is better...geeze. Some people. :rolleyes:

;) J/K buddy.

At least try raising the AGP to 1.6v or 1.7v. If it does nothing for you, you can always drop it back down. It shouldn't damage your card, or at least I don't think I've heard of it damaging a card. It doesn't increase the card's voltage, but AGP bus voltage, which should result in a stronger signal and better signal clarity. I know 1.6v can't hurt.

NOOOO!! No luck at all!! I had the chipset voltage up to 1.7v and the agp up to 1.7v.... errors all over memtest. The least errors i recieved were "58" and it seems to always err on test #5 (the most strenuous one :p) Also, with the cpu set to "aggressive" I get errors but not when its set to "optimal."
hmmmm its as if my ram is rejecting the 3.3 volts, but it just loves the 3.2vdimm
Any more suggestions? Ill take any!!

Then keep your memory voltage lower. Like I said, I think your memory is CH-5, which sometimes reacts very poorly to high voltages due to a built-in voltage protection circuit. Set CPU to agressive if at all possible - it makes a huge difference. Did you try 1.7v VDD, 1.7v AGP, and 3.1v memory?

I have roughly the same setup as you, and I had problems with high FSB's as well. I couldn't get mine to do anything stable above 235 FSB or so.

But check this out...

I was tinkering yesterday, and decided to see if the PC3500 Level One could do 2-2-2-2-5 at 200FSB because my old NF7-S couldn't do it because of Vdimm limitations.

NO PROBLEM!

So I kept pushing it, and I'm now at 220FSB Prime stable at 3.1 volts, with plenty more OC'ing to do. Maybe try yours and see what happens. But as far as getting above 235, I'm not sure. It's my experience that pumping the voltage with this memory doesn't help very much. It has a sweet spot and that's where you'll find your best OC, on mine it's around 3 to 3.1 volts.

Good luck, let me know if I can help you any more.

Odie :)

MadInsane said:
NOOOO!! No luck at all!! I had the chipset voltage up to 1.7v and the agp up to 1.7v.... errors all over memtest. The least errors i recieved were "58" and it seems to always err on test #5 (the most strenuous one :p) Also, with the cpu set to "aggressive" I get errors but not when its set to "optimal."
hmmmm its as if my ram is rejecting the 3.3 volts, but it just loves the 3.2vdimm
Any more suggestions? Ill take any!!

If you are giving it more chipset voltage, then its probably your memory. Try running a known timings and stable speed, suing a divider, such as 5:4 or 3:2 and see if your FSB will go higher, and eliminate the NB as possiility.

I'd do all of the above except a divider. Often times with nForce2's just using a divider will result in instability.

Ya guys, If you look at my sig, I have the timings LOWER than the stock spd. I am going to sacrifice a little latency for higher fsb. Thats ok!!

well i notcied that sometimes that less voltage can act as more...if it is unstable try LOWERING your voltages....it has worked 4 me many times. give it a shot sometimes to much voltages error like 2 little....

I just "upgraded" from a Soltek 75-FRN2-RL board to the new Ultra Infinity. I am having problems hitting FSB's that were easily obtainable with the older board.

For example, on the Soltek, I was able to hit 230fsb with 2.5-3-3-11 rock solid, which is now impossible on the DFI, gives me errors in Memtest. I have tried several different voltages, RAM timings, etc, all to no avail.

The RAM I'm using is supposed to handle 217fsb at 2-3-3-7, with this board, even that is proving to be difficult.

I've done the L12 mod, using the 1/21 BIOS, I'm running out of options. Are there any special settings I should use to make this a more solid system? I'd hate to have to resort to using 200fsb, or RMAing this peice.

Yeah, definitely leave CAS at 2. Also, try disabling the Command Per Clock option - it's hiding in there under the memory timings.

johan851 said:
Yeah, definitely leave CAS at 2. Also, try disabling the Command Per Clock option - it's hiding in there under the memory timings.

Disabling CPC to get a small boost in FSB is not worth the bandwidth cut IMO =/

Compare bandwidth before, and after you max your FSB w/out it on, and see which is faster. You probably wont get enough of a boost to justify it.

johan851 said:
Try relaxing your timings. Set them to 2.5-3-3-3-11. Also, disable Command Per Clock (CPC) if you haven't already. Lower vDIMM to 3.1, that may help. It appears you have CH-5 memory, which might not like high voltages. Leave VDD at 1.7v, and increase AGP to 1.6v or 1.7v.

Enabling CPC shaved off 1 sec on Super Pi for me 42->41
No change in stability.......

Back