• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X-Blower kit. Is inside positive pressure any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Runner30

I'm recieveng tomorrow Termaltake X-Blower kit with a Smart Fan II , a Blower
(outtake) and some 'fancy' panel I don't really need.
I will also have a quiet fan blowing air parralel to GPU-hard disk line.

The specifications say that both the pressure and the air flow are significally bigger on the CPU fan compared to blower, which creates positive pressire inside the case.

Is this a healthy situation, should I add another out take fan?

Thanks, Gil.

positive pressure is generally good as it allows for less dust to enter your case because air is being forced out of the case as opposed to negative pressure where it is being forced in

Thank you for reply, though I must disagree here.
I've read this in the FAQ too, but I think positive pressure does not resolve dead air spots, it also encourages turbulent flow inside the case, which is worse for heat exchange, -- as opposed to laminar flow ( if I recall right) -- which also has lower temps ( coming outside of the case).

Runner30 said:
Thank you for reply, though I must disagree here.
I've read this in the FAQ too, but I think positive pressure does not resolve dead air spots, it also encourages turbulent flow inside the case, which is worse for heat exchange, -- as opposed to laminar flow ( if I recall right) -- which also has lower temps ( coming outside of the case).

Positive pressure keeps the dust out. But it will also restrict your flow of air. Like why one room in your house is cooler then another because that room has a register return and the other does not or the door is always open in one room and not another. They may both have the potential for the same amount of airflow to come out each register but if you cannot get the air out of the room because you have too much positive pressure in the room it will not cool down.

Back